The Audison Thesis TH 6.5 II Sax was born from a blank sheet with the aim of overcoming all the limits dictated by compromise-oriented design choices. This philosophy allowed Audison to obtain extreme performance and a design projected into the future, faithful to the inspiring principle of maximum transparency of the musical message.
MAXIMUM LINEARITY, MINIMUM INDUCTANCE, EXCELLENT VENTILATION
The magnetic circuit uses a N48 “H-grade” Neodymium magnet that releases a very high quantity of energy and is ultra stable in temperature, ensuring an unparalleled dynamic. The geometry of the magnetic group has been optimized through a finite element simulation software to maximize efficiency by concentrating the magnetic field in the gap. A great deal of research has been carried out to reduce the modulation of the voice coil inductance by magnetically saturating the motor pole and using an aluminium short-circuit ring that also allows a greater extension towards the mid frequencies.
TOTAL ABSENCE OF MECHANICAL COMPRESSION
The development of the suspension system, a crucial element for each transducer, required a long research work: the development team created computational models to simulate every aspect of the multi-physical behavior of the loudspeaker. The spider was designed thanks to a long series of mechanical simulations performed to define its structure: a large elastic surface with 5 waves, ensuring an improved distribution of the elastic force; waves profile and gluing optimized to obtain the best symmetry in the voice coil and basket connection areas; spider composition made of a mix of two fibers to achieve the best elastic linearity, without mechanical compression effects even at high excursion levels.
Like the spider, the surround was also designed using mechanical simulations. The result is guaranteed by: use of natural rubber IIR; profile optimized to ensure wide excursion; maximization of linear elastic behavior without mechanical compression effects.
TOTAL ABSENCE OF THERMAL COMPRESSION
The 50 mm mobile coil in CCAR (Copper Clad Aluminum Ribbon), wound with flat wire to obtain a very compact winding, maximizes the force factor and at the same time allows for optimal heat dissipation.
TOTAL ABSENCE OF AERODYNAMIC COMPRESSION
The mechanical structure of the TH 6.5 II is a perfect combination of design and performance. The aluminium alloy basket incorporates all the components ensuring high precision in the various couplings. The structure featuring four pairs of spokes allows for solidity and damping of the vibrations offering very low resistance to the cone air flow. The wide spider distributes the elastic load optimally. A generously sized hole, protected by a filter cloth, prevents air compression phenomena under the spider, eliminating deleterious resonance at medium frequencies. The central opening in the bottom-plate ensures optimal decompression of the air column inside the voice coil and the output expanded material diffuses the turbulences and protects it from ingoing foreign bodies.
- 50 mm mobile voice coil in CCAR (Copper Clad Aluminum Ribbon) wound with flat wire to maximize the force factor and heat dissipation.
- Low inductance of the mobile voice coil to optimize the emission in medium-high band (2-3 kHz).
- N48 “H-grade” neodymium magnet with superb thermal stability to guarantee an optimal dynamic reserve in every situation.
- Magnetic group geometry designed using finite element simulation software to maximize efficiency by concentrating the magnetic field in the gap.
- Membrane made of TPX®, a transparent material that reduces the frequency response irregularities in the mid-high band, leaving the speaker interior in full view.
- Membrane geometry designed using simulation software, to obtain a smooth emission over all the listening angles.
- Basket made of a single piece of die-cast aluminium featuring four pairs of spokes to optimize heat transfer, nullify turbulent airflows and ensure maximum structural rigidity.
- Hi-excursion suspension and spider, optimized with simulations of the loudspeaker multi-physical behavior.
- eID technology providing TH 6.5 II traceability starting from the manufacturing stage up to the owner.
- Component - Woofer
- Size - 165mm (6.5")
- Power Handling - 300W peak, 150W continuous
- Impedance - 4Ω
- Frequency Response - 40 ÷ 4500Hz
- Magnet size D x d x h - 80mm x 54mm x 4.5mm (3.15" x 2.13" x 0.18")
- Weight of one speaker - 1.25Kg (2.76 lb)
- Voice Coil Ø - 50mm (2")