The Focal ES 165 K 2-Way Component Speaker System comprises of two 6.5" (165 mm) woofers and two 20mm TKM tweeters. This is a compact solution that’s easy to install. The K2 Power Kevlar cones used for the speaker drivers of the ES 165 K component kit deliver extremely dynamic sound and perfect definition.
These cones endowed with all the ideal qualities, lightness, rigidity and excellent damping, have also been given the new TMD suspension. Initially developed for Sopra high-fidelity loudspeakers, the exclusive design of the suspension removes unwanted resonances and reduces the effects of distortion.
The two TKM inverted dome tweeters are composed of aramid fibres. Their exclusive “M”-shaped profile is designed to control deformation of the dome, and to perfectly reproduce high frequencies up to 22 kHz smoothly and with precision. Their compact crossovers are quick to install and easy to set up. Various accessories are supplied for assembling the tweeters, which can be installed in the factory locations, on tilting frames or flush-mounted.
The kit is supplied with aluminum and mesh grilles.
KEVLAR® CONE - PRECISION AND DYNAMICS
The speaker drivers used for the K2Power have been completely redesigned. Each component is the result of extensive research in acoustics to push back the limits of performance, of power and of precision!
The K2Power Kevlar® cone, a product of unique expertise Made In Focal, is to this day second to none. Composed of an ultra-light foam structure sandwiched between a thin layer of Kevlar® aramid fibres, and a layer of glass fibres, the K2Power cone combines three key factors of quality acoustics:
- Damping, for precise and dynamic sound.
TMD SUSPENSION - SAY GOODBYE TO DISTORTION
The new K2 Power TKM tweeter features an exclusive “M”-shaped structure. This new-generation aramid-fibre inverted dome tweeter provides great precision in the very high end, and its combination with a “push-pull” motor with IAL2 technology extends the low end of the frequency response and provides extraordinary harmonic balance.
Radial VC Cooling - FOR HIGHER SPL
The new Radial VC cooling system for speaker driver voice coils expels hot air from the voice coil towards the bottom of the magnet through 6 holes. This improves control over the voice coil temperature, limiting the effects of thermal compression and improving reliability. This significantly increases the efficiency of the speaker driver. It also improves dynamics and produces a more powerful sound
- Diameter: 6½" (165mm)
- Voice coil diameter: 11/4" (32mm)
- Voice coil height: 09/16"(15mm)
- Motor: Magnet
Tweeter: TKM ("M" profile aramid fiber
- Cone: Composite K2 Power "W" sandwich cone
- Surround: Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®)
- Separated crossover: 6-12 / 12dB (3kHz)
- Tweeter Adjustable level: +3; 0; -3dB/oct
- Max. power: 200W
- Nom.power: 100W RMS
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90.8dB
- Frequency Response: 60Hz- 22kHz
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Accessories: Supplied grilles
What's in the Box?
- Two woofers
- Two inverted dome tweeters (with attached 20" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Crossover networks
- 2 Tweeter flush mount cups (installed)
- 2 Tweeter angled surface mount cups
- 2 Dome protective washers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille mounting rings
- 2 Woofer mounting gaskets
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Dutch/ Russian)
- 2 Focal window stickers