The smoothness and transparency of a high-end silk dome tweeter combines with top-flight woofer performance to create a coaxial loudspeaker system with exceptional refinement and dynamic capability.
The JL Audio C5-650x Coaxial Speaker System features 6.5-inch (165 mm) woofers with Kurt Müller cones and suspensions and die-cast alloy baskets. The woofer benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
Tweeters are coaxially mounted and built with 0.75-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver smooth, extended response, on and off axis. The small size of the C5 tweeter minimizes tweeter protrusion, allowing C5 coaxials to easily fit behind most factory speaker grilles.
C5 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations.
Speaker grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
What's in the Box?
- Two C5-650x 6.50-inch (165 mm) Coaxial Speakers
- Two C5-650x-XO Crossover Networks
- Two Metal Woofer Grilles with ABS Grille Trays
- Two Self-Adhesive JL Audio Nameplates for Grilles
- Butyl Adhesive Putty for Woofer Grilles
- Twelve #8 x 1.25 inch (32 mm) Sheet Metal Screws
- Eight Mounting Clips for Woofer Mounting
- Two 6.4 mm Female Crimpable Connectors
- Four 4.7 mm Female Crimpable Connectors
- Two 2.8 mm Female Crimpable Connectors
- Twelve Crimpable Spade Connectors
- Continuous Power Handling: 75 Watts (RMS Method)
- Peak Music Power: 225 Watts
- Recommended Power Range: 25-150 Watts (RMS)
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz (± 3 dB)
- Efficiency @ 1W/1m: 89.5 dB @ 1W/1m
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms