The Peachtree Audio Carina GaN is a 200 watts-per-channel integrated amplifier incorporating the revolutionary GaN-FET technology found in the Peachtree GaN 1. It provides a musical path to your speakers that is remarkably direct and artifact-free.
The Peachtree Carina GaN accepts 5 digital inputs including Bluetooth plus an analogue input switchable between MM phono and AUX and will drive virtually any speaker with authority, dynamics and finesse.
What makes the Carina GaN Special?
First and foremost is the GaN-FET amplifier module. It has several inherent advantages in a power amplifier that even the best MOS-FET designs simply cannot achieve. A GaN-FET power stage provides a precise high-power reproduction of the Class-D PWM signal with extremely high linearity. This linearity eliminates the need for ANY feedback, ultimately allowing for the best possible audio quality providing clean, clear middle and high frequencies and a tight, solid reproduction of low frequencies.
GaN-FETs track the complex audio waveforms so much more accurately than MOS-FETs resulting in significantly more transparent and natural sound. The difference is something even a casual listener will hear and appreciate.
The Carina GaN is designed so that it does NOT even require a digital-to-analogue-converter (DAC) for its digital sources. The digital audio signal at the input of the Carina GaN directs the amplifier outputs to drive the speakers. Just a direct musical path from your digital source to your speakers. And for your analogue sources the Carina GaN utilises a high-end AKM analog to digital converter to achieve the cleanest path possible to the GaN-FET power module.
Carina Product Highlights
- Two ESS 9068 DAC chips, dual mono (one for the left channel, one for the right channel)
- Accepts HD audio input up to 768k PCM and 512k DSD
- Selectable digital filter settings including oversampling on/off
- Moving magnet phono input switchable to high level AUX
- Fully balanced analog circuitry from the DACs to the power and headphone amplifiers
- High-performance, hybrid volume control (combination analog resistor ladder/digital attenuation)
- User selectable all-digital volume control option
- Bluetooth 5.0 input with HD audio decoding
- Preamp output for connecting to a powered subwoofer or external power amplifier
- 200 watts-per-channel GaN-FET power amplifier driving the speaker outputs
- Fully-balanced headphone amplifier with a 4.4mm T/R/R/S output (1/4" unbalanced output also provided)
- Timeless Peachtree Audio industrial design crafted out of aluminum, wrapped in real wood, and finished in gloss ebony mocha or piano black
- High-quality OLED front panel display with an intuitive dual knob user interface
- Trigger input and output for power on/off control to or from another device
- Hand-held remote control with integrated commands for Bluesound devices (NODE, VAULT, etc.)
- Compatible Speakers: 2.5 - 16 Ohm
- Output Power (WPC, 8 ohm | 4 ohm, <1% THD+N, AES 17): 200w / 200w
- Dynamic Range (AES-17): 110dB
- Damping Factor (1kHz): TBD
- Frequency Response (20 - 20kHz): <+/- 0.4dB
- Inter-Modulation Distortion (SMPTE): -70dB below fundamental
- Total Harmonic Distortion (AES17, 1kHz, 8 ohm): 0.04%
- Channel Separation (1kHz, 8ohm): >90dB
- Output Voltage (rms): 2.5V @ 0dBFS Input
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Un-Weighted): 114dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): >116dB at 1 Khz
- Frequency Response (8Hz - 20KHz): +/- 0.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.0004 (2V RMS, 1KHz, Unweighted)
|Unbalanced Out @ 30 ohm||Unbalanced Out @ 300 ohm||Balanced Out @ 30 ohm||Balanced Out @ 300 ohm|
|Output Impedance||30 ohm||300 ohm||30 ohm||300 ohm|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Unweighted)||98dB||103dB||117dB||117dB|
|Dynamic Range (Un-Weighted)||107dB | 100dB||107dB | 100dB||107dB | 100dB||107dB | 100dB|
|Channel Separation (1KHz)||>100dB at 1KHz||>100dB at 1KHz||>100dB at 1KHz||>100dB at 1KHz|
|Frequency Response (8Hz - 20KHz)||+/- 0.8dB||+/- 0.8dB||+/- 0.87dB||+/- 0.87dB|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.001%||0.0005%||0.005||0.005|
User Manual to Follow