The Peachtree Audio GaN 1 is a 200 watt-per-channel power amplifier designed to be the sole interface between your variable output digital audio device and your speakers.
Connect the GaN 1 to a streamer and a pair of speakers. That's it...no DAC, no preamp and no input switching. The signal path from the music to your speakers is remarkably short and free from artifacts.
Why was the GaN 1 made?
When developing the Peachtree GaN400 Power Amplifier, Peachtree were taken aback with what they were hearing. They then asked themselves; how can we get this technology in front of more people?
The Peachtree GaN400 is a £3,199 stand-alone power amplifier with 400 watts per channel, but it addresses a relatively small group of people.
Make it 200 WPC (which is still plenty for most speakers/rooms/listeners) and provide a single DIGITAL audio input for the primary source of music people use in 2022 - a digital audio streamer? You then have the GaN 1.
Who is the GaN 1 aimed at?
If you listen to music utilising a digital audio device with volume control and a S/PDIF output - the GaN 1 is for you! Keep in mind that while the GaN 1 only has the one coaxial digital input your input selection may be expanded depending on what streamer you use.
Over the past few years, the widespread adoption of lossless and high-resolution audio among the major streaming services has pushed streaming to the top of the list as the preeminent way to access and listen to music critically. It has never been easier to hear the very best versions of your favourite recordings and reproduce them in your home the way the way the creators intended.
- Compatible Speakers: 2.5 - 16Ω
- Output Power: Output Power200W / Channel into either 8 or 4 ohms
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): >110dB
- Sample rate support (PCM): 44.1 to 192KHz, 16 and 24bits
- Frequency Response (20 - 20kHz): <+/- 0.4dB
- Inter-Modulation Distortion (SMPTE): >70dB below fundamental
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.04% THD+N (8 Ohms, 1W, 20Hz to 20KHz)
- Channel Separation (1kHz, 8 Ohms): >90dB
- S/PDIF RCA input impedance: 75 ohm
- AC Power: 100-240v 50/60 Hz
- Fuse Size for 115v: 6.3amp 250v slow-blow
- Fuse Size for 230v: 3.15 amp 250v slow blow
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5w
- Idle Power Consumption: 14W
- Maximum Power Consumption: 500 W (Peak)
- Height (Including Feet): 84mm - 3.3 inches
- Width: 300mm - 11.8 inches
- Depth (Including Power Button and Binding Post): 362mm - 14.25 inches
- Weight: Unit only 5.13kg - 11.3lbs