The Peachtree Audio nova500 is an Integrated Amplifier with five audio products built in to one masterful product. The nova500 consists of a digital-to-analog converter (DAC), a line-level preamplifier, a power amplifier, a moving magnet phono preamplifier and a headphone amplifier.
The nova500 has been designed to provide a seamless link between your source devices and your speakers with an amplifier section that Peachtree Audio consider to be the most powerful and articulate they have ever offered. The nova500 is designed to deliver music the way the artist intended, full of dynamic range and emotion, with the clarity and depth that only top quality amplifiers can reproduce.
Digital-Analog-Converter (DAC) Section
The DAC inside the nova500 is a reference 32-bit/384kHz design that is capable of accepting all of the major file formats currently available in the market today including PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD up to 5.6MHz. This includes compressed audio, uncompressed audio, high-resolution audio and ultrahigh resolution audio. Built around the DAC chip is an extensive, multi-point, regulated power supply that keeps the DAC chip operating optimally and remaining faithful to the input signal.
Line-Level Preamplifier Section
The preamplifier section in the nova500 is a full analog design with extremely flexible input and configuration capability. It accepts input from a computer, digital audio devices, analog audio devices, mobile devices and even has a built-in phono preamplifier for connecting a turntable.
The two analog inputs are user-switchable so they can be configured 4 different ways:
- 2 standard line-level analog inputs
- 1 Home Theater Bypass (HTB) input + 1 line-level input
- 1 line-level input + 1 phono input
- 1 HTB input + 1 phono input
The digital inputs include a user selectable feature called volume control bypass that allows you to control overall system volume right from your connected source device – essentially bypassing the preamplifier in the nova to make it work like a stand-alone power amplifier. This is especially useful if you enjoy using an application on your computer or mobile device to select your music AND to control the volume level.
And last, but not least, there is a loop feature that allows an external processor to be integrated with the nova and switched in and out of the signal path by simply pressing a button on the remote control. In addition to this flexibility, the nova500 preamplifier takes the sound quality to an even higher level by utilizing fully differential (aka balanced) circuitry. This allows the stunning performance of the DAC and preamplifier sections to be retained through the power amplifier section and on to your speakers.
Headphone Amplifier Section
The headphone amplifier in the nova500 is specifically designed to be a primary part of the nova design. It is a fully-discrete amplifier design that provides the ultimate listening experience, easily drives any type of headphone, plays as loud as you would likely ever want to, and allows you to hear “further” into your music than you may have ever heard before.
When compared to dedicated headphone amplifiers costing many times more than the entire nova, the nova represents an amazing value. The headphone amplifiers in the nova300 and nova500 also provide even more output to enjoy less efficient, harder to drive headphones. When you consider that the nova offers so much more than just a headphone amplifier, the overall value of the nova is remarkable.
Power Amplifier Section
The power amplifier sections in the nova500 are some of the cleanest, neutral, and most powerful ones available today. The nova500 offers a staggering 500 Watts-Per-Channel that recreates the natural power and dynamics of live music with ease. All of the nova power amplifier sections are fully-differential designs that are extremely faithful to the source, musical and flexible. The new novas are compatible with speakers from 2.5Ω to 16Ω and should have no problem driving the wide range of speakers available today.
Peachtree Nova 500 - Product Features
- Built-in, state-of-the-art, power amplifier with an astounding 500 watts per channel
- ESS 9028 PRO Sabre DAC with up to 32-Bit/384kHz PCM and 5.6MHz DSD resolution
- Fully differential (balanced) audio circuitry from the digital inputs to the output
- Exclusive DyNEC iOS input for audio streaming from Apple Lightning devices
- Asynchronous USB, (1) coaxial and (2) optical digital inputs for connection to virtually any source device
- Phono (MM) input for direct connection of a turntable (can also double as a standard line-level input)
- Home Theater Bypass for easy integration with a multi-channel system (also doubles as a standard line-level input) driving the front speakers for listening to stereo music
- Volume Control Bypass feature for use with variable output source devices
- Switchable loop feature for inserting an external EQ or other sound processor into the signal path
- Discrete, high-output, custom-designed headphone amplifier
- Extensive internal grounding
- Available in Piano Black and Gloss Ebony Mocha
- Proudly assembled in Matthews, NC, USA
- Compatible Speakers: 2.5-16 Ω
- Output Power (WPC, 8Ω | 4Ω, <1% THD+N, AES17): 500 | 800
- Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 106dB
- Damping Factor (1kHz, 8Ω): >650
- Frequency Response (20 - 20kHz): <+/-0.4dB
- Inter-Modulation Distortion: >80dB below fundamental
- Total Harmonic Distortion (AES17, 1kHz, 4Ω): 0.003%
- Channel Separation (1kHz, 8Ω): >90dB
- Output Voltage (rms): 3.8V
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 106dB | 106dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): >115dB
- Frequency Response (Analog | Digital Source, 8Hz-20kHz): <0.1dB | <0.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% (2V rms, 1kHz, un-weighted)
- Output Power (32Ω, rms | peak): 1200mW | 2770mW
- Output Power (300Ω, rms | peak): 330mW | 700mW
- Output Power (600Ω, rms | peak): 170mW | 350mW
- Output Impedance: 1Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 107dB | 106dB
- Dynamic Range (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 107dB | 100dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): >100dB at 1kHz
- Frequency Response (Digital source, 8Hz-20kHz): <0.5dB
- Frequency Response (Analog source, 8Hz-100kHz): <0.1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (2V rms, 1kHz, un-weighted)