The Peachtree Audio preDAC - PreAmplifier / Digital-to-Analog Converter is designed to integrate a wide range of audio input sources including; turntables, personal computers, Apple iOS devices, streamers and other audio devices and drive a separate power amplifier like the Peachtree Audio amp500.
Inside, the Peachtree preDAC is designed to provide the purest audio path between the input and the outputs. Analog inputs remain analog all of the way through the product to ensure that the original input signal is not altered or degraded in any significant way. All digital inputs are converted to analog internally utilising ultra-premium quality DACs so that they benefit from the best sound quality available today.
Each function of the preDAC has been specifically designed to provide the highest level of musicality and the lowest amount of noise regardless of the input source or the listening method. Each individual function provides a listening experience that compares favorably with dedicated audio components that perform a single function and often cost more than the entire preDAC.
The preDAC includes eight (four for the left channel and 4 for the right channel) 32-bit/384kHz DACs that are capable of accepting all of the major file formats currently available today including PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD up to 5.6MHz. This includes compressed audio, uncompressed audio, high-resolution audio and ultra-high resolution audio.
Built around the DACs is an extensive, multi-point, regulated power supply that keeps them operating optimally and faithful to the input signal, providing the most natural sounding and musical experience available today. By utilizing four DACs per channel, the noise floor is pushed further away from the music allowing it to come through with an unprecedented level of transparency.
Features and Flexibility
The Peachtree preDAC has very flexible input and output configuration capabilities. It accepts input from a computer, iOS devices, other digital audio devices, analog audio devices and even has a built-in Moving Magnet (MM) phono preamplifier for directly connecting a turntable.
The two analog inputs are user-configurable as: 2 standard line-level analog inputs, a Home Theater Bypass (HTB) input + an analog input, an analog input + a phono input, or a HTB input + a phono input. Your system, your choice.
The digital inputs include a user selectable feature called volume control bypass that allows system volume to be controlled directly from the source device bypassing the volume control inside the preDAC. This is especially useful if you enjoy using an application on your computer or mobile device to select your music AND to control the volume.
A fully balanced output is provided to drive the amp500 or power amplifier of your choosing. There is also an unbalanced PRE output which can be used to drive a powered subwoofer. There is a clever LOOP feature that allows an external room EQ, audio processor, tube buffer or recorder to be easily integrated with the preDAC and switched in and out of the signal path by simply pressing the LOOP button on the front panel or remote control.
- Output Voltage (rms): 3.8V (RCA,XLR)
- Output Impedance: RCA 100 ohms. XLR 200 ohms across pins 2-3
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 106dB | 106dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): >115dB at 1kH
- Frequency Response (Analog | Digital Source, 8Hz-20kHz): <0.1dB | <0.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% (2V rms, 1kHz, un-weighted)
- Output Power (32Ω, rms | peak): 1200mW | 2770mW
- Output Power (300Ω, rms | peak): 330mW | 700mW
- Output Power (600Ω, rms | peak): 170mW | 350mW
- Output Impedance: 1Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 107dB | 106dB
- Dynamic Range (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 107dB | 100dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): >100dB at 1kHz
- Frequency Response (Digital source, 8Hz-20kHz): <0.5dB
- Frequency Response (Analog source, 8Hz-100kHz): <0.1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (2V rms, 1kHz, un-weighted)
- Height (including feet): 111 mm | 4.37 inches
- Width: 356 mm | 14.02 inches
- Depth (including volume knob): 345mm
- Weight (shipping): 8.6 kg (10.5 kg)