A Peachtree Audio PreDAC and GaN400 Amplifier Combo partnered to a Pro-Ject X2 turntable with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge. Running through a pair of Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers.
We are offering 10% off this package.
Available with optional Chord RumourX Speaker Cables in 2 Meter and 4 Meter lengths. (These are bare wires, not terminated)
For full details and product specifications, please click on the following links:
- Source - Pro-Ject X2 - Turntable - £1199
- Cartridge - Ortofon 2M Black - £519
- Amplifier - Peachtree PreDAC / GaN400 Amplifier - £4799
- Speakers - Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers - £3050
- Cables - Chord RumourX - Speaker Cables - £20 per metre (bare cable)
Source - Pro-Ject X2 - Turntable
The Pro-Ject X2 Turntable is made for those who take great joy in the fine details, the build-quality, the high-grade materials and even more audio performance. Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise.
The increased mass makes the tonearm an excellent fit for low compliance MC cartridges. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by as much as 50%.
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Platter: 30mm thick acryl, 2 kg heavy acryl
- Main bearing: Stainless steel
- Speed variance: 33: +/-0,25%; 45: +/-0,20%
- Wow & flutter: 33: +/-0,12%; 45: +/-0,10%
- Signal to Noise: 70 dB
- Tonearm: 9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm
- Effective arm length: 9“/230 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 13.5 g
- Overhang: 18.0 mm
- Tracking force range: 0 - 30mN (18mN recommended for Pick it 2M Silver)
- Included accessory: 15V DC / 800 mA power supply, dust cover, Connect it E Phono RCA cable, felt mat
- Power consumption: 4.5 W max / 0.3 W standby
- Dimensions: 460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 10 kg net
Pro-Ject X2 Turntable - Colour Options
Amplifier - Peachtree PreDAC / GaN400 - Amplifier
The Peachtree GaN400 represents a next step in the evolution of power amplifier design and manufacturing. It has exceptionally accurate waveform reproduction, amazing power and control, low global negative feedback and extremely efficient use of AC power. It provides the highest level of musicality without sacrificing the remarkable efficiency of a class-D design, and is proudly assembled in the USA.
The GaN400 is simply the best sounding power amplifier that Peachtree have ever made and compares favorably to the world's best power amplifiers regardless of their topology.
The preDAC includes eight (four for the left channel and 4 for the right channel) 32-bit/384kHz DACs that are capable of accepting all of the major file formats currently available today including PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD up to 5.6MHz. This includes compressed audio, uncompressed audio, high-resolution audio and ultra-high resolution audio.
Built around the DACs is an extensive, multi-point, regulated power supply that keeps them operating optimally and faithful to the input signal, providing the most natural sounding and musical experience available today. By utilizing four DACs per channel, the noise floor is pushed further away from the music allowing it to come through with an unprecedented level of transparency.
Peachtree PreDAC / GaN400 Amplifier - Colour Options
Speakers - Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers
The Dynaudio Evoke 30’s twin 14cm Esotec+ mid/bass drivers are made from MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer), a material used for Dynaudio woofer diaphragms since they started back in 1977. It provides exactly the right combination of lightness, stiffness and damping to balance the needs of powerful yet precise bass performance with clear, detailed midrange.
Each speaker cone is made from a single piece of MSP. This makes them exactly the right amount of rigid – and means far less physical distortion when they’re playing. It also gives a super-solid physical connection to the glass-fibre voice-coil former on the back (it’s glued directly under the Balance Ribs you’ll see around the centre), which means more of the coil’s motion energy is transferred to the diaphragm.
Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers - Colour Options
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83V/1m)
- IEC Power Handling: 200W
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 40Hz–23kHz
- Box Principle: Bass reflex Rear Ported
- Crossover: 2.5-way
- Crossover Frequency: 1200/2300Hz
- Crossover Topology: 2nd order
- Woofer: 2x14cm MSP cone
- Tweeter: 28mm Cerotar with Hexis
- Weight: 15.5kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 180 x 900 x 267mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 268 x 920 x 342mm
Cables - Chord Company RumourX Speaker Cables
Chord Rumour was the second attempt at producing a speaker cable. The first being a copper and polyethylene flat design in single and bi-wire configuration called Myth/Legend. Chord were also investigating speaker cables that used silver-plated conductors in combination with PTFE insulation and had been experimenting with twisted pair conductor configurations, as at the time, heavy gauge parallel conductors were the standard for speaker cables.
By twisting the conductors together, the noise floor of the system could be improved. An ideal twist ratio could be achieved and the cable designed around this.
- Conductor: Silver-plated OFC
- Insulation: XLPE
- Configuration: Twisted pair
- Shielding: None. PVC outer jacket
- AWG: 16
- mm2: 1.31
- Diameter: 6mm