The Pro-Ject CD Box DS2 is an important device that continually sees use in modern stereo systems, which is why it is more than just a regular CD player. The built in extreme quality AK4490 DAC chip is used by the most renowned companies of the world because of its oustanding sound and performance.
The CD Box DS2 offers four digital inputs and can be used as a standalone DAC in addition. The USB input can be used with any computer, it offers high resolution file support for PCM up to 32bit/384kHz and even DSD256. The optical and coaxial inputs can be used up to 24bit/192kHz.
CD Box DS2 also offers digital filters to shape the sound to your liking; five filters for PCM files as well as two filters for DSD can be chosen.
It also offers two digital outputs to further pass a digital signal to another digital to analogue converter. A line level RCA output can be used for any pre- or integrated amplifier.
All this functionality combined makes the CD Box DS2 the digital center-hub of your HiFi system. Upgrade options are possible by connecting external DAC‘s, further adding to CD Box DS2‘s longevity and staying power.
The CD Box DS2 offers a very high build quality with its full aluminium cabinet and can be further improved aesthetically with great looking wooden side panels in walnut and eucalyptus!
The CD Box DS2 is a real delight for any modern music lover and displays a future proof design with its versatility. In respect of the feature set and audio quality, CD Box DS2 is a true audiophile bargain.
- HiRes capable CD player and DAC
- PCM up to 32/384 and DSD256 (DoP) - via USB input
- Four digital inputs (2x optical, coaxial, USB B)
- Two digital outputs (optical, coaxial)
- Line Level output (RCA)
- Excellent 4-layer suspended CD transport
- Blue Tiger CD-80 servo board for 1:1 CD playback
- Luxurious slot-in mechanism
- DC power supply (<1 Watt standby power consumption)
- High contrast dot-matrix display
- Trigger in and output
- Solid cabinet protects against vibration and interference
- DAC: 1x AK4490 (32bit/768kHz; DSD256)
- Supports: CD, CD-R, CD-RW and Hybrid-SACD (44.1kHz/16bit CD layer only)
- Digital inputs: 1x USB B up to 384kHz/32bits, 1x co-axial (S/PDIF) up to192kHz/24bits, 2x optical (S/PDIF) up to192kHz/24bits
- Digital outputs: 1x co-axial (S/PDIF), 1x optical (S/PDIF)
- Analogue outputs: 1x RCA Line
- THD: <0.001%
- Noise Floor: >97dbA
- Power supply: 9V/2A DC; 110 - 240V/50, 60Hz
- Standby power consumption: < 1 Watt
- Dimensions W x H x D: 206 x 71 x 200 mm (alu), 240 x 72 x 200 mm (wood)
- Weight: 1520 g (alu), 1920 g (wood), without power supply