The people at Pro-Ject Audio Systems strongly believe that a power supply is a very important part of the audio path and significantly contributes to the sonic quality of an audio product. In order to offer a maximum in sound quality and optimum isolation of the phono preamplifier from mains interferences, they designed the Power Box RS Phono with battery power output.
Pure and clean energy is very important everywhere where low level signals are amplified. A turntable cartridge deliveres the lowest signal level from all the known sources of audio signal. Typical level of a low output MC cartridge is about 0.2mV = 0.0002V. Such low level signal is very vulnerable against all kinds of interferences and noise.
How does it work?
When Power Box RS Phono is connected to the Phono Box RS and switched ON, only the accus are connected (adapter and charger are physically disconnected) so Phono Box RS is completely isolated from mains interferences. When accu voltage decreases and reaches certain limits, further playback will be a danger for status of the battery, the charger is automatically connected.
This status is indicated by LED on the front panel. Everything continues without any limitation and playback is possible, but the advantage of completely isolating for the charging period is lost. Even if the biggest advantage is temporarily not available, the battery now works as very big filtration bank and the sound is still far better than in case of using the standard power adapter. When accu is fully charged, the charger is disconnected and again Power Box RS Phono powers Phono Box RS only from accu packs.
- Purest & cleanest power for Phono Box RS
- Fully isolates Phono Box RS from mains interference and noise while playback
- Advanced Lithium Polymer battery (one for each channel)
- Playback time approximately 4 hours
- Charging time approximately 4 hours
- Optimised battery life due to intelligent micro-processor controlled charging electronics
- Status indicator LEDs on front
- Available in silver or black
- Output voltage: from +/-14.8V to +/-16.8V, depends on battery charge level
- Battery type and capacity: Volts Li-ion, 2000 mAh
- Charging time: approx. 4 hours (longer when Phono Box RS in use)
- Battery playing time: approx. 4 hours
- Outboard power supply: 20V/3000 mA DC suitable for your country's mains supply
- Dimensions W x H x D: 201 x 72 x 195mm
- Weight: 2030 g without power supply