It is a proven fact that a power supply is a very important part of the audio path and significantly contributes to the sonic quality of an audio product. In order to offer the possibility of improving sound quality, we designed the linear power supplies Power Box RS Uni 1-way and 4-way for our reference standard (RS) line. It significantly enhances the sound quality of following components: CD Box RS, DAC Box RS, Head Box RS, Pre Box RS, Pre Box RS Digital and Stream Box RS. Power Box RS Uni 1-way is for one of these components and Power Box RS Uni 4-way for four of these components.
A linear power supply consists of a massive toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding, which acts as an isolating transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains into the audio component. The built-in transformer has a much higher power reserve compared to the standard power adapter. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage all power needs. Sound staging, darkness of silent backgrounds and small detail resolution will improve strongly and contribute to a far better overall performance of each component.
Standard connection cable (3-pol) is included in delivery. Special highend super shielded connection cable in specified lengths 20cm, 40cm, 80cm and 1m available on request.
- Purest & cleanest power using non-switching power supply
- Soft start system avoids current inrush in primary winding
- Audio type toroidal transformer
- Main isolating transformer with copper foil shielding
- Secondary voltage rectification with precise regulation
- High filtration capacity (10.000 µF for each output)
- Low ESR capacitors
- Low noise components with surge protection
- Available in silver or black
- Input voltage: AC 230V/50Hz IEC C15 connector
- Output voltage / current: 4 x 20V / 3A max
- Filtration capacity: 4 x 10.000 µF
- Output voltage ripple rejection: better than 75 dB
- Dimensions W x H x D: 201 x 72 x 195 mm
- Weight: 4800 g