The Pro-Ject Stereo Box DS2 is Pro-Ject‘s take on the classical integrated stereo amp. The focus is outstanding, unimpeded sound quality that is not held back by a overly cramped feature-set, where good sound gives way to more and more features that many customers may never need.
The Stereo Box DS2 provides excellent functionality without overdoing it. The pre-amp section includes a high quality phono stage, allowing you to connect turntables with MM or more demanding MC cartridges. Three RCA line inputs offer enough flexibility to add CD players, DACs and streaming devices to your system. The Bluetooth input is great for quickly getting your phone onto your speakers and brighten up your living room with warm background music.
The real star is the power amp section. The dual mono design principle is able to drive the best speakers out there and will make them come to life with powerful transients and a rich, wide and dynamic soundstage. The variable and fixed RCA outputs allow you to connect active speakers or a subwoofer. The 6.3mm headphone output on the front panel is driven by its own dedicated amplifier stage and has ample of headroom to drive the best sounding headphones. No corners were cut when designing the electrical curcuitry and this way, the relatively small and compact, Stereo Box DS2 can compete with much bigger and heavier integrated amps that cost many times more!
A great addition to the Stereo Box DS2 is the CD Box DS2. Together with this DAC and CD player, you can add all the digital connectivity you need and supplement your highend vinyl experience with great sounding, modern digital sources. Unparalleled in value, a powerful stereo-set that covers the entirety of the analog and digital domains at acompact footprint that knows what matters most: a truly exciting musical experience! Control via IR remote or App makes usage a piece of a cake.
- Dual mono design principle
- Built-in phono pre-amplifier with MM & MC capability
- Other inputs: 3x analogue, 1x Bluetooth
- 4th generation Bluetooth with aptX capability & antenna
- Volume control with motor driven potentiometer
- Headphone output with dedicated amplifier stage
- Fixed & variable outputs for subwoofer or second zone amp
- Trigger In and Output
- IR remote & built-in App Remote Control via Bluetooth
- Free Box Control App controls this device & other IR equipment
- Output power: 2x 80 W / 135W at 8 / 4 ohms
- Noise floor: >-85dB
- Channel separation: > 65dB (@ 10kHz)
- THD+N: < 0,03%@ 3W
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 25kHz (max. deviation -0,1dB +0,2dB)
- Analog inputs: 3 pair RCA/Cinch sockets line 1 pair phono MM/MC input (RCA)
- Input impedance:
- Line: 50kOhms
- Phono: MM 47kOhms / MC 100 Ohms
- Digital inputs: Bluetooth (aptX)
- Speaker connectors: 4mm Ø banana plugs, spades connectors or naked wire
- Headphone output: 6.3mm jack
- Headphone impendance: 16 - 600Ohms recommended
- Analogue outputs: RCA fixed, RCA variable, power amp, 6,3mm headphones (front)
- Power supply: 36V/5.5A DC; 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Standby-Power consumption: < 1 Watt
- Dimensions W x H x D: 240 x 72 x 240 mm (wood)
- Weight: 2000 g (Wood) without power supply