The Pro-Ject X1 is based on the same concept as the P1, but improved in every aspect thanks to modern materials and new production methods. Inside it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system. In the X1, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation.
The X1 is also better than its predecessors, thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge-tonearm resonances.
Supplied either with a brand new Pro-Ject Pick it S2 MM cartridge or Ortofon 2M Red or Blue cartridge, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box is the Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/ TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level up the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on. The X1‘s 8 layers of painting and the hand-polished finish guarantee its luxury appearance.
We are also offering the Ortofon 2M Red and Blue Cartridge upgrades for 10% off the Cartridge price.
In the box:
- X1 with Pick it S2 MM cartridge / Ortofon 2M Red or Blue
- Connect it E RCA Cable
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Round drive belt for 78 r.p.m.
- Power supply, allen key
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8.6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
- Ortofon Pick it S2 MM cartridge newly developed with Ortofon
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables
- Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Speed variance: 33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%
- Wow & flutter: 33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%
- Platter: 20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl
- Main bearing: stainless steel/brass
- Tonearm: 8.6” carbon/aluminium sandwich
- Effective arm length: 218.5 mm
- Overhang: 18 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 10.0g
- Tracking force range: 0 - 30mN
- Included accessories: 15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat
- Power consumption: 5 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby
- Dimensions: 415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight