The AudioLab 7000CDT improves on the 6000CDT with a new mechanism, USB HDD playback and a new full-colour IPS LCD screen. More compact than the 9000 series and perfectly matched to the 6000 and 8300 series, it maintains crisp ergonomics, high-quality engineering and an excellent all-round performance.
AudioLab 7000CDT - Product Features
New Series, Same Standards
The AudioLab 7000CDT uses a high-precision optical system with an electronic data buffer for accurate and seamless CD playback. Very similar technology to the 9000CDT, the 7000CDT uses a read-ahead digital buffer to reduce disc-reading failures, helping it plays scratched and damaged CDs that may be unreadable by conventional mechanisms.
To ensure a flawless signal reaches the accompanying DAC, the coaxial output of the 7000CDT is fed from a differential line driver. The master clock is controlled by a high-accuracy crystal oscillator, enabling the digital output from both coaxial and optical sockets to exhibit vanishingly low levels of jitter (digital distortion).
Isolation From Vibration
The low-friction loading tray, sturdy aluminium base and chassis of the 7000CDT work to tackle vibrations that are experienced due to the mechanics of a high-spin-velocity motor. Further, the transport is mounted in its own, electromagnetically shielded enclosure with a dedicated power supply.
All of these contribute to the exemplary digital signal extraction, while the proven resonance reduction further improves performance and onward effect in ancillary Hi-Fi equipment and signal chains.
Digital Files In Any Format
In addition to the class-leading CD playback design, the 7000CDT also offers digital music files compatibly via a dedicated USB ‘Type A’ connection, to the rear of the unit. Every significant hi-res and lossless audio format is catered for, including WAV, AAC and WMA, as well as compressed legacy MP3 formats.
All On Display
Taking strong influence from the flagship 9000CDT, the 7000CDT improves over the 6000CDT with a full-colour 2.8" (480 x 640mm) IPS display with a detailed but simple-to-use GUI. The 7000CDT therefore offers a vivid representation of information including system settings, format, folder, track details and other data.
What's in the Box?
- The Audiolab 7000CDT
- One UK IEC Power Cable
- One Remote (Batteries not included)
- One Instruction Manual
- Compatible with CD/CD-R/CD-RW
- Support playing USB storage devices (MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV)
- Display indication
- Adjustable screen brightness
- Activate the device automatically via 12V trigger
- Auto standby function can be turned on or off
Inputs / Outputs
- USB Storage Device Audio Format: Support MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV format playback
- USB Storage Device File System: Support FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 format
- Digital Output Amplitude: 500 +/-50mVpp
- Output Impedance: 75Ω
- Frequency Response: -0.01dB (20Hz-20kHz, ref.1kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.002%
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz
- Digital Output Interface: 1 x Coaxial, 1 x Optical
- Standby Power Consumption: < 0.5W
- Power Requirements (according to region): 220-240V - 50/60Hz | 100-120V - 50/60Hz
- Product Size (mm) (W x D x H): 444 x 322 x 78
- Carton Size (mm) (W x D x H): 514 x 470 x 158
- Net Weight: 5.5kg
- Gross Weight: 7.4kg