The new Audison B-CON Bluetooth Hi-Res Interface is the only Bluetooth 5.0 player specifically designed for automotive use that has obtained the “Hi-Res Audio Wireless” certification from JAS (Japan Audio Society).
B-CON is compatible with all audio formats and reaches maximum performance with uncompressed BT streaming (max 96kHz / 24bit, only with Android LDAC devices), both playing local files and with Apps that provide Hi-Res streaming (Tidal, Qobuz…)
Outputs, Inputs and Throughputs
The Audison B-CON has RCA analog and Toslink SPDIF optical outputs (the digital output is 96kHz / 24bit). The analog outputs are High-Resolution certified, with a signal-noise ratio of 100dBA.
The B-CON also has a Toslink SPDIF input, and an internal digital switcher with some innovative logic. If you have a Toslink source – such as the output of an external preamp – and you add the B-CON, connect the B-CON Toslink out to the bit device’s Toslink input, and the preamp’s Toslink output to the input of the B-CON.
Then re-connect your Bluetooth devices. Now, when listening to streaming audio from your handset, it will come through the B-CON. When you get a phone call, the B-CON will switch to passthrough mode and allow the OEM Bluetooth handsfree device to handle call audio. It works seamlessly.
In keeping with Audison tradition, during the design phase particular attention was paid to volume management, a fundamental aspect for the search for the highest audio quality. Most Bluetooth devices apply the volume controls to the audio stream, but this compromises the potential dynamic range significantly – often below the expected performance from digital audio.
The study by the Audison R&D team focused on the audiophile use of the “Absolute Volume” function. In the B-CON this manages the Master Volume of the DSP, while keeping the digital stream at full potential dynamic range – avoiding the loss of resolution that occurs when applying the handset’s volume commands to the audio stream.
This requires an ADC port, present on bit Virtuoso (additional devices with ADC ports will launch in 2022).
- Full DA HD - Pure digital signal transfer with a resolution up to 24 bit / 96 kHz
- Hi-Res Audio - According to the definition of HiRes audio provided by JAS (Japan Audio Society - jas-audio.or.jp), B-CON achieves the 24 bit / 96 kHz digital to analog conversion processing requirement.
- Digital IN delay switch: 1 sec.
- Power Connector: AUX SEL wire, MASTER ENABLE wire
- ADC: Serial RS232, to manage other Audison devices that support this standard
- Mode Switch: Absolute volume ON/OFF, upgrade mode
- Optical digital: From Optical input: 24 bit 192 KHz
- From Streaming Bluetooth: 24 bit 96 kHz max.
- Analog: Bandwith (MAX) 20 ÷ 48K Hz
- Output Level: 2 VRMS
- Distortion – THD @1 KHz: 1 VRMS 0.003%
- S/N RATIO (A weighted): 100 dBA
- Voltage: 6 ÷ 24 VDC
- Idling current: 70 mA @ 12 V
- Remote IN voltage: 3 ÷ 12 VDC (0.5 mA)
- + 12 Remote IN voltage: 6 ÷ 12 VDC (70 mA)
- USB Micro: 5 V (500 mA)
- Type: Bluetooth 5.0 + EDR
- Codec: Ldac, AAC, SBC
- Profile: Bluetooth A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6