The Audison Prima APBMW S8-4.2 Subwoofer has been designed with electro-acoustic parameters to maximize performance from the factory box available below the seats. The ABS plastic basket, reinforced with fiberglass, and the acoustic structure featuring a front magnet, provide for a minimal installation depth for perfect compatibility with the whole range. Two 5 mm polyurethane gaskets, supplied, allow the subwoofer to fit perfectly to the box, decoupling it from vibration.
Difference between S8-4 and new S8-4.2
The main difference is the new S8-2.2 has new depth dimensions and slightly altered Electro-Acoustic Parameters. Here are some comparison illustrations below.
|D (mm)||Sd (Cm2)||Xmax (mm)||Re (Ohms)||Fs (Hz)||Le (mH)||Vas (I)||Mms (g)||Cms (mm/N)||BL (T.m)||Qts||Qes||Qms||dB Spl (2.8V / 1m)|
The 200 mm (8″) APBMW S subwoofers allow a “direct replacement” of the OEM speakers underneath the front seats, making the most of the factory acoustic load and generating deep and crisp low frequencies. You can choose between S8-2.2 with 2 ohm impedance and S8-4.2 with 4 ohm impedance for improved system composition versatility.
In fact, in the mid-high passive filtered system configuration, with the crossover provided, 4 of the 8-channels of the Prima AP 8.9 bit can be configured in bridge mode delivering 130W rms to each S8-4.2 installed under the seat. The Neodymium magnet used on S8-4.2 and S8-2.2 allows for greater power and control than ferrite, while maintaining the depth of installation unaltered.
Audison APBMW S8-4.2 - Product Features
- Neodymium Magnetic group - To maximize performance while minimizing bulk and weight.
- Developed with electroacoustic parameters customized for BMW-Mini - To increase listening engagement, through powerful and crisp low frequencies, exploiting the acoustic load provided by the factory box.
- 38 mm voice coil wound on aluminium support - For a considerable power dissipation and stability even during high excursions.
- Two 5 mm gaskets provided - For OEM placements.
What's in the Box?
- x1 AP BMW S8-4.2
- x2 Gasket Accessory
- x1 Fixing Screws Kit
- Component - Woofer
- Size - 200mm (8")
- Power Handling - 300W peak, 150W continuos
- Impedance - 4 Ω
- Frequency Response - 35 ÷ 500Hz
- Magnet size D x d x h - 48mm (1.89") x 18mm (0.71") x 7mm (0.28")
- Weight of one speaker - 1.21 Kg (2.67 lbs)
- Voice Coil Ø - 50mm (2")