The Audison Prima APK 165 Ω2 system features 2 crossovers dedicated to woofer and tweeter separately, to ease the installation. The APCX WF Ω2 crossover shapes the AP 6.5 Ω2’s frequency response to match it optimally with the AP 1 tweeter; it also employs a Low ESR inductor, essential to maximize the power transfer to the 2Ω coil. The APCX TW Ω2 tweeter crossover, instead, is provided with the Hi-Contour function, to enhance the high frequencies, designed to achieve the correct timbre balance with rich low frequencies guaranteed by the woofer.
Audison Prima APK 165 2 Ohm - Product Features
- 2Ω impedance, to fully exploit the 65 W power per channel at 2Ω of the Prima AP8.9 bit amplifier.
- 75 Hz resonance frequency, to extend the frequency range down to low frequencies up to 50 Hz and increase the SPL in the low range.
- 25 mm mobile voice coil to maximize efficiency achieving 95 dB.
- 10 mm winding height mobile voice coil to increase maximum linear excursion up to 2,8 mm and minimize distortion, even at high listening levels.
- APCX WF Ω2, dedicated woofer crossover with low-loss voice coils to shape the frequency response for optimal match with the tweeter.
- APCX TW Ω2, tweeter crossover featuring the Hi-Contour function to enhance high frequencies, designed to achieve the correct timbre balance with rich low frequencies guaranteed by the woofer.
AP 1 Tweeter
- AP 1 tweeter with acoustic lens designed to balance the frequency response in the 10kHz - 13kHz range, to optimize the product’s acoustic emission in the critical OEM placements, where the product performance is affected by the presence of the factory grille.
- Connection cable built in the passive crossover and ending with “OEM Integration compliant” fast-on connectors. The ends, different in each of the two poles, eliminate any possible connection errors, speeding up the installation process and making it safe in the course of time.
AP 6.5 Woofer
- Water-repellent treated paper cone, with profile developed with FEM simulation technology and optimized with Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Reduced mounting depth, providing ease of installation in OEM placements.
- TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) surround, featuring the exclusive “Triple Wave” shallow profile, for maximum excursion linearity.
- Compact basket, protected by abrasion-resistant and scratch-proof coating. Damping epoxy glue provides perfect coupling with the motor system.
- Woofer with high current fast-on terminal with double contact on positive and negative poles for high flexibility and quick connection. The terminal features a temperature resistant plastic cover, protecting it against accidental short circuits.
- Developed with the KLIPPEL suite. * Grille included
- Comp - 2-Way System
- Size - Woofer 165mm (6.5"), Tweeter 26mm (1")
- Power Handling - 100 W Continuous Power, 300 W Peak Power
- Impedance - 2 Ω
- Frequency Response - 50 - 20kHz
- Crossover Type - Cut Off @ 4.5 / 5kHz (Hi-Countour ON/OFF) - 6dB Oct
- Component Adjustment - +2; 0dB
- Woofer Magnet Size - 85mm (3.55") x 32mm (1.26") x 15mm (0.59")
- Tweeter Magnet Size - 19mm (0.75") x 13mm (0.12")
- Weight of one component - Woofer 0.78 Kg (1.72 lb), Tweeter 0.04Kg (0.09 lb)
- Voice coil Ø - Woofer 32mm (1.26"), Tweeter 20mm (0.8")