The Audison Prima APK 690 system is ideal for car models with doors equipped to house elliptical speakers. Featuring 6 × 9 inch woofers and the AP 1 tweeter with dedicated crossovers - APCX TW 690. The crossovers are ultra-compact to facilitate their installation, and include an attenuation of the tweeter output level for outstanding fine-tuning.
The R&D team optimized the electro-acoustic parameters of the new woofers for installation in the car door, respecting all the characteristics of the Prima speakers, such as the compact size of the basket to facilitate installation.
The mechanical cut-off of the woofer cone-dust cap system ensures they can be used without a filter, maximizing efficiency to be easily driven by any type of amplifier.
The large voice coil ensures high power handling and impeccable control even in the most aggressive dynamic transients. The double Faston connectors with direct link to the tweeter speed up the speakers connection, always ensuring a perfect contact.
Audison Prima APK 690 - Product Features
AP 1 Tweeter
- 26 mm diameter diaphragm combined with a wide-roll surround provides maximum efficiency and reduced resonance frequency.
- Acoustic lens designed to compensate for the in-car frequency response in the 10kHz - 13kHz bandwidth caused by critical OEM placements.
AP 690 Woofer
- 25 mm pure copper voice coil, for high power handling and outstanding low frequency control.
- Water-repellent treated paper cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM (Finite Element Method) simulation technology and optimized with the Klippel R&D Scan Vibrometer.
- Reduced mounting depth, providing ease of installation in OEM placements.
- “Triple Wave” surround profile for maximum excursion linearity.
- Compact basket, protected by abrasion-resistant and scratchproof coating, the motor affixed with damping epoxy adhesive.
- High current fast-on terminal with double contact on positive and negative poles for high flexibility and quick connection.
APCX TW 690 Crossover
- Optimized for OEM Integration featuring an attenuation switch (0 dB, +3dB) to tune the in-car response according to different installation conditions.
- Supplied with fast-on connectors that eliminate any possible connection errors.
- Comp - 2-Way System
- Size - Woofer 6 x 9", Tweeter 26mm (1")
- Power Handling - 100 W Continuous Power, 300 W Peak Power
- Impedance - 4 Ω
- Frequency Response - 40 - 20kHz
- Crossover Type - HP 6 dB Oct - 3.3kHz
- Woofer Magnet Size - 90mm (3.54") x 32mm (1.26") x 15mm (0.59")
- Tweeter Magnet Size - 19mm (0.75") x 13mm (0.12")
- Weight of one component - Woofer 1.17 Kg (2.58 lb), Tweeter 0.04Kg (0.09 lb)
- Voice coil Ø - Woofer 25mm (1"), Tweeter 20mm (0.78")