The Audison Prima APX 690 features an exclusive 40 mm horn loading dome tweeter that contributes to maximize efficiency of up to 96dB SPL and an acoustic lens specifically designed and applied to the tweeter to increase dispersion in the high frequency range.
To strengthen the emission of very high frequency ranges otherwise affected by off-axis positioning compared to the listening point, the APX 690 featuring a supertweeter.
- PEI (Polyethylene injected) supertweeter employed to strengthen emission of very high frequency ranges otherwise affected by off-axis positioning common to rear deck installations.
- Water-repellent treated paper cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM (Finite Element Method) simulation technology and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Pure copper mobile voice coil, wound on Kapton former, for better thermal and mechanical capacity.
- TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) surround, featuring the exclusive shallow “Triple Wave” profile, for maximum excursion linearity.
- Polycotton spider material ensuring reliable performance and linear response to musical transients.
- Large motor assembly, optimised with FEM (Finite Element Method) technology, for stable control and linear excursion.
- Low carbon content plates for maximum magnetic permeability and high heat dissipation.
- Compact basket, protected by abrasion-resistant and scratch-proof coating, the motor affixed with damping epoxy adhesive.
- High current fast-on terminal with temperature resistant plastic cover, protecting it against accidental short circuits.
- Developed with the KLIPPEL suite. * Grille included
- Component - 3 Way Coaxial
- Size - Woofer (6 x 9"), Tweeter 40mm (1.58"), Supertweeter 15mm (0.6")
- Power Handling - 300W peak, 100W continuous
- Impedance - 4Ω
- Frequency Response - 40 ÷ 23kHz
- Magnet size - 90mm x 32mm x 15mm, (3.54" x 1.26" x 0.59")
- Weight of one speaker - 1.225kg (2.7 lb)
- Woofer Voice Coil Ø - 25mm (1")
- Tweeter Voice Coil Ø - 20mm (0.78")