The Audison Prima Forza AP F8.9 bit amplifier, delivering 8 x 85 W or 4 x 260 W (RMS @ 4Ω), is dedicated to OEM Integration where high power is required. The integrated nine-channel DSP includes a guided setup routine to set up OEM sources input level and de-equalization.
The AP F8.9 bit features 7 pre-configured DSP presets selectable via rotary switch for a Plug & Sound experience. The ninth channel pre-out is perfect to drive a mono amplifier (AP1 D) or an active subwoofer (APBX 10 AS).
The AP F8.9 bit includes a set of four high quality cables supplied with a protective printed strip placed upstream of the Molex connectors to increase the resistance to torsion:
- One six stereo RCAs interconnection for after-market sources with PRE-OUT outputs
- One featuring 6 pairs of labeled cables for the connection to high level output OEM sources
- One including eight pairs of labeled cables to connect the speakers to the amplifier
- One Control interconnection to control memory selection and remote power-on
Integration with OEM Infotainment Systems Based on CAN-BUS
A typical architecture for premium sound systems, particularly common in the UK, is based on a OEM central unit featuring a pre-distributed two-channel audio output with a fixed volume, with no equalization and connected to an external amplifier managed via a digital control bus (CAN-BUS).
All adjustments (volume, fader, balance, equalization, source selection) are sent via CAN-BUS and operated within the OEM amplifier. The same operating structure applies for mono service sources such as navigation, telephone, anti-collision alerts.
Maestro AR Interface
Thanks to the Maestro AR interface you can directly connect Prima Forza APF8.9 bit, AP8.9 bit, AP5.9 bit, AP4.9 bit to the head unit, using a dedicated T-Harness, permanently removing the OEM amplifier from the system. The infotainment two-channel stereo audio outputs and mono sources are connected directly to the DSP input.
The Maestro AR interface interprets the control signals, originating from the head unit on CAN-BUS, and manages their correct integration directly acting on the processor, connected through the DRC socket. Volume / Balance / Fader controls etc. and the automatic selection of the various infotainment mono sources, such as navigation and parking sensors, are sent directly to the DSP bit which will operate these functions.
The Audison bit processor auxiliary inputs can also be selected using the OEM source original controls, allowing perfect integration with the factory system. This communication protocol is called iDatalink and is used to develop and maintain compatibility with the car and infotainment models, obtaining the following additional advantages:
- Automatic adjustment of the AP bit processors input sensitivity level
- Specific AP bit functions managed by OEM source tone controls
- Use of the bass control as the subwoofer volume
- Selection of AP bit presets using the OEM source controls
What's in the Box?
- AP F8.9 bit Amplifier
- Multipolar Cable, Rem/Control
- Multipolar Cable, Input Pre-IN
- Multipolar Cable, Input Speakers IN
- Multipolar Cable Speakers OUT
- 2 - 30A replacement fuse
- 1.8 m USB cable
- 2.5 mm hex key
- 4 - 4.2 x 50 mm self-tapping, cross head mounting screws
- 4 Ohms - 85 W x 8 Channels - 260 W x 4 Channels (Bridge)
- 2 Ohms - 130 W x 8 Channels
Full DA – Full Digital Audio
Pure digital signal transfer with a resolution up to 24 bit / 48 kHz Audison AP F8.9 bit .
Auto tuning Audison AP F8.9 bit by Audison bit Tune and communication with bit Drive portal.
DE-EQ – De Equalization
De-equalization function to “flatten” any equalization applied by default by OEM sources.
USS technology allows Audison AP F8.9 bit to work with head-units featuring the “speaker load detection” circuit