The Audison Thesis TH K2 II A Coro is designed to transfer the precious musical message of the Thesis electronics with absolute fidelity, with the ambition to be absolutely transparent, leaving room only for the emotion evoked by the music. The search for the best acoustic result was based upon overcoming the intrinsic limits of traditional loudspeakers. Through a finite element simulation software (FEM) conceived by the Audison R&D team, a mathematical model was developed, which they used to create, with an intense prototyping activity, the ideal transducer.
The versatility of the TH 1.5 II Tweeter and TH 6.5 II Woofer provides the ability for the user to set the crossover cut in a very wide range according to their preferences. This is possible thanks to the exceptional extension of the tweeter frequency response towards the medium frequencies (800 – 22 kHz) and to the very regular response of the woofer at medium-high frequencies (up to 4 kHz).
TH 1.5 II violino Tweeter
- 34 mm CCAW single layer voice coil combining light weight, stability at lower frequencies and total absence of musical transients compression.
- Extremely powerful custom N38 “H-grade” Neodymium magnet providing 1.67 T*m in the magnetic gap for superb dynamic response and very low distortion in the whole frequency range.
- Exclusive air-loading system resulting in a resonance frequency below 800 Hz, for filter set-up starting as low as 1.5 kHz - 12dB/Oct.
- 38 mm natural silk dome optimized with extensive material characterization, laser vibrometer scanning and Finite Element Analysis methods for a smooth and extended response.
- Frequency response up to 26 kHz optimized for off-axis installation.
- TH 1.5 II Violino Tuning System featuring two types of electroacoustic load: bottom case or bottom disk according to targets of highest performance as well as flexibility of in-car integration.
- Full solid metal construction structure with each part exclusively designed and produced for the Audison TH 1.5 II.
- FEM (Finite Element Method) optimized faceplate and front spokes for an improved dispersion pattern.
- eID technology providing TH 1.5 II traceability starting from the manufacturing stage up to the owner.
TH 6.5 II sax Woofer
- 50 mm mobile voice coil in CCAR (Copper Clad Aluminum Ribbon) wound with flat wire to maximize the force factor and heat dissipation.
- Low inductance of the mobile voice coil to optimize the emission in medium-high band (2-3 kHz).
- N48 “H-grade” neodymium magnet with superb thermal stability to guarantee an optimal dynamic reserve in every situation.
- Magnetic group geometry designed using finite element simulation software to maximize efficiency by concentrating the magnetic field in the gap.
- Membrane made of TPX®, a transparent material that reduces the frequency response irregularities in the mid-high band, leaving the speaker interior in full view.
- Membrane geometry designed using simulation software, to obtain a smooth emission over all the listening angles.
- Basket made of a single piece of die-cast aluminium featuring four pairs of spokes to optimize heat transfer, nullify turbulent airflows and ensure maximum structural rigidity.
- Hi-excursion suspension and spider, optimized with simulations of the loudspeaker multi-physical behavior.
- eID technology providing TH 6.5 II traceability starting from the manufacturing stage up to the owner.
- Comp - 2-Way System
- Size - Woofer 160mm (6.5"), Tweeter 38mm (1.5")
- Power Handling - 150 W Continuous Power, 300 W Peak Power
- Frequency Response - 40 Hz- 26 Khz
- Impedance - 4 Ω
- Sensitivity - 87 dB/Spl