For the enthusiasts who prefer to use a passive filter, the R&D team has created THX 2 II, a crossover engineered without compromise with the use of high quality resistors, capacitors and inductors. The filter, for both TH 6.5 II woofer and TH 1.5 II tweeter, has special compensation networks that optimize the load seen by the amplifier. The filtering configuration allows the following fine-tuning options to improve the performance in the passenger compartment:
- 4 emission levels for the tweeter ( -4, -2 , 0, +1,5 dB), designed with L-Pad technique
- Mid-frequency level control (-4 / -2 / 0 / +1,5 dB) centered at 900 Hz to vary the sound character from the analytical one obtained from professional monitors to the softer one typical of the most sophisticated home systems.
- Possibility of bi-amplification
TH 1.5 II violino Tweeter
- 34 mm CCAW single layer voice coil combining light weight, stability at lower frequencies and total absence of musical transients compression.
- Extremely powerful custom N38 “H-grade” Neodymium magnet providing 1.67 T*m in the magnetic gap for superb dynamic response and very low distortion in the whole frequency range.
- Exclusive air-loading system resulting in a resonance frequency below 800 Hz, for filter set-up starting as low as 1.5 kHz - 12dB/Oct.
- 38 mm natural silk dome optimized with extensive material characterization, laser vibrometer scanning and Finite Element Analysis methods for a smooth and extended response.
- Frequency response up to 26 kHz optimized for off-axis installation.
- TH 1.5 II Violino Tuning System featuring two types of electroacoustic load: bottom case or bottom disk according to targets of highest performance as well as flexibility of in-car integration.
- Full solid metal construction structure with each part exclusively designed and produced for the Audison TH 1.5 II.
- FEM (Finite Element Method) optimized faceplate and front spokes for an improved dispersion pattern.
- eID technology providing TH 1.5 II traceability starting from the manufacturing stage up to the owner.
TH 6.5 II sax Woofer
- 50 mm mobile voice coil in CCAR (Copper Clad Aluminum Ribbon) wound with flat wire to maximize the force factor and heat dissipation.
- Low inductance of the mobile voice coil to optimize the emission in medium-high band (2-3 kHz).
- N48 “H-grade” neodymium magnet with superb thermal stability to guarantee an optimal dynamic reserve in every situation.
- Magnetic group geometry designed using finite element simulation software to maximize efficiency by concentrating the magnetic field in the gap.
- Membrane made of TPX®, a transparent material that reduces the frequency response irregularities in the mid-high band, leaving the speaker interior in full view.
- Membrane geometry designed using simulation software, to obtain a smooth emission over all the listening angles.
- Basket made of a single piece of die-cast aluminium featuring four pairs of spokes to optimize heat transfer, nullify turbulent airflows and ensure maximum structural rigidity.
- Hi-excursion suspension and spider, optimized with simulations of the loudspeaker multi-physical behavior.
- eID technology providing TH 6.5 II traceability starting from the manufacturing stage up to the owner.
THX 2 II Crossover
- Construction without compromise with the use of high quality resistors, capacitors and inductors.
- Use of compensation networks for both woofer and tweeter, which optimize the load seen by the amplifier.
- Best Envelopment filtering configuration with a well-distributed vertical scene along the entire height of the passenger compartment.
- 4 emission levels for the tweeter ( -4, -2 , 0, +1,5 dB), designed using L-Pad technique.
- mid-frequency level control (-3 -> 0 dB) centered at 900 Hz.
- Possibility of bi-amplification.
- Comp - 2-Way System
- Size - Woofer 160mm (6.5"), Tweeter 38mm (1.5")
- Power Handling - 150 W Continuous Power, 300 W Peak Power
- Frequency Response - 40 Hz – 26k Hz
- Impedance - 4 Ω
- Sensitivity - 87 dB/Spl