For the enthusiasts who prefer to use a passive filter, the Audison Research & Development team has created THX 2 II, a crossover engineered without compromise with the use of high quality resistors, capacitors and inductors. The filter, for both woofer and tweeter, has special compensation networks that optimize the load seen by the amplifier.
The filtering configuration originates from the active Best Envelopment configuration and allows the following fine-tuning options to improve the performance in the passenger compartment:
- 4 emission levels for the tweeter ( -4, -2 , 0, +1.5 dB), designed with L-Pad technique
- Mid-frequency level control ( -4 / -2 / 0 / +1.5 dB) centered at 900 Hz to vary the sound character from the analytical one obtained from professional monitors to the softer one typical of the most sophisticated home systems.
- Possibility of bi-amplification
- Component: 2-way Passive Crossover for TH 1.5 II + TH 6.5 II
- Size mm (in.): 348 x 190 x 66.5 (13.7 x 7.48 x 2.62)
- Power Handling: 300 W Peak , 150 W Continous
- Filters: Woofer cut-off - Lo-pass 1,35 kHz @ 6 dB/Oct.Tweeter cut-off Hi-pass 2,8 kHz @ 12 dB/Oct. Q=0,48
- Filters – Adjustment: Contour @ 1 kHz -3 / -1,5 / 0 dB
- Tweeter level: -4 / -2 / 0 / +1,5 dB
- Weight of one component: 3.6kg (7 lbs)