The Auralic ALTAIR G2.1 is an all-encompassing digital and analog source component, providing abundant capabilities to the performance-oriented G2.1 Series.
Combining every function available from AURALiC into the ultra-quiet G2.1 chassis, the ALTAIR G2.1 is perfect for the most demanding music lover. Whether it’s a high-res title from an online streaming service, a file on a NAS drive, or an LP on a turntable, ALTAIR G2.1 will deliver exquisitely rendered, dynamic music, from almost any source.
Hardware upgrades include Unity Chassis II: a copper enclosure minimising interference, an anti-vibration footer system on a massive base, clocking armed with hyper-accurate femto-second clocks, a Purer-Power power supply, and Class A Orfeo Output modules.
Internet radio, Airplay™, Bluetooth, USB connectivity, and optional internal storage are available. Control ALTAIR G2.1 intuitively via the proven Lightning DS app, or the controls clearly shown on the high-resolution 4" color display. Completing this extensive feature set: Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity, smart IR control, and a locked-in analog volume control.
Overview and Review of the Auralic Altair G2.1 - Video
Designed to Innovate, Engineered to Perform
The G2.1 Series signifies the next logical step in AURALiC’s in-house product development —the result of an incremental ongoing development process to improve upon the performance of the original G2 series. At AURALiC, they always work to create new and innovative approaches to digital music playback, pushing the boundaries of audio quality.
Incorporating state-of-the-art technologies and delivering them with innovative features, the G2.1 is built for ultimate levels of sonic performance.
The ALTAIR G2.1 sports an all-new industrial design engineered to set a new standard for sound quality, enhance the user experience, and look every bit as good as it sounds, with a contemporary, understated aesthetic.
A copper sub-enclosure, high-mass base, and an enhanced suspension system fully optimise the sound of ALTAIR G2.1, ensuring it is the most capable and feature-rich way to introduce streaming to your audio system that we have ever created in one component.
Next Level Processing
In facilitating the ALTAIR G2.1's substantial and powerful processing capability, it should come as no surprise that the processor at the heart of this system would need to act as a next-level solution. As a result, the product harnesses the power of a Tesla G2 processor.
No task will be too difficult, be it serving, streaming, decoding or playback. DXD upsampling features as standard and an extensive range of DSP filters provide broad choices to suit personal preferences. The network streaming functionality is well-proven in terms of ease of operation and excellent sound quality. Networking capability operates at up to 32-bit, 384khz and DSD512, supporting all major lossless codecs, DSD in DoP format and native DSD.
Flexibility to Explore
The ALTAIR G2.1 offers nearly universal connectivity for access to all your digital sources. Most advanced Wi-Fi and Ethernet open your system to UPnP/DLNA media servers, shared network folders, high-resolution Internet Services, and Internet Radio, as well as RoonReady, Bluetooth, AirPlay, and SongCast control.
What's in the Box?
- AURALiC ALTAIR G2.1
- 2 x External WiFi antennas
- Power Cable
- USB Cable
- User's Guide
HiFi Plus Review
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20KHz, +/- 0.1dB*
- THD+N: < 0.00012% (XLR); < 0.00015% (RCA), 20Hz-20KHz at 0dBFS
- Dynamic Range: 126dB, 20Hz-20KHz, A-weighted
Streaming File Format
- Lossless: AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WV
- Lossy: AAC, MP3 and WMA
- PCM: 44.1KHz to 384KHz in 32Bit***
- DSD: DSD64 (2.8224MHz), DSD128 (5.6448MHz), DSD256 (11.2896MHz), DSD512 (22.57892MHz)****
- AURALiC Lightning DS for iOS
- AURALiC Lightning DS for web browser (device setting only)
- OpenHome compatible control software (BubbleUPnP, Kazoo)
- Roon (Roon Core required separately)
- Wired: Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n/ac Tri-Band WiFi
- Digital Inputs: AES/EBU, Coaxial, Toslink, USB Audio
- Analogue Inputs: Line-stage (2Vrs max.), MM Phono (0.3Vrms max.)
- Streaming Inputs: Network shared folder, USB Storage, USB CD Drive, Optional Internal Storage, UPnP/DLNA Media Server, Amazon Music Unlimited, HighResAudio, KKBOX, Qobuz Sublime+, TIDAL Connect, Spotify Connect, Internet Radio, AirPlay 2, RoonReady
- Balanced: XLR (4.5Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 10ohm)
- Unbalanced: RCA (4.5Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 50ohm)
- Headphone: 6.35mm Headphone Jack (output impedance 5ohm)
- Power Consumotion - Playback: 50W at max.
- Dimensions - W x D x H: 34cm x 32cm x 8cm
- Weight: 22.0 lbs (10kg)
- Anodized aluminum case in matte black
* Tested under Filter Mode Precise for all sampling rate
*** 352.8KHz and 384KHz and 32bit are supported through streaming and USB inputs only
**** By 'DoP V1.1' or native DSD protocol through streaming and USB inputs only