The Chord PowerHAUS UK Mains Distribution Block is the culmination of many decades working with signal and power transfer. The PowerHAUS benefits from a unique version of the Chord Company's acclaimed ARAY technology (MainsARAY), which has been expertly adapted for power distribution.
Construction and Components
Nearly every component used in the PowerHAUS is of uncompromising quality and has been made specifically for this unit. Both the M6 and S6 models are non-switched and avoid filters and neon power indicators which can generate noise and reduce signal quality. The solid aluminium construction minimises the unwanted effects of microphony, too.
The PowerHAUS M6 block benefits from high-quality, heavy-gauge cables throughout, with sockets chosen not just for their reliability, but also their sound performance. A high-performance 16-amp IEC allows the PowerHAUS blocks to cope with even the most demanding home audio systems.
Available in two performance levels, the flagship M6 (Master) and entry-level S6 (Studio), the six-way PowerHAUS distribution devices are the result of one of the longest product development phases Chord have ever undertaken.
Video Introduction of the PowerHAUS M6 / S6 with Chord UK
PowerHAUS M6 Performance
The flagship PowerHAUS M6 offers the best performance and utilises three hybrid MainsARAYs fitted in parallel to the bus bars. This removes high-frequency noise whilst remaining outside of the circuit.
Rather than being star-wired (which is susceptible to RFI), the wiring is run along three bus bars which are all isolated from each other. The earth bus bar is kept as far away as possible from both the live and neutral.
HiFi Plus Review
Product Feature Highlights
- Hand built in England by music and cinema lovers
- Pure performance and reliability.
- Free from non-essential and potentially noisy components
- Created to meet Chord Company demo room needs and now available for discerning users everywhere
- Designed using the optimum materials and 40 years of hi-fi industry experience
- Unique Chord Company ARAY technology minimises HF and earth noise
- Protection from RFI via heavily-shielded ARAY wiring
- Robust aluminium casing and a heavy-duty 16A power input
- Conforms to all power safety regulations