The Chord PowerHAUS S6 - UK Mains Distribution Block is the result of many decades working with signal and power transfer.
Construction and Components
No compromise has been made on the components used in the PowerHAUS, and each is has been made specifically for this unit. Both the M6 and S6 models are non-switched and avoid filters and neon power indicators which can generate noise and reduce signal quality. The solid aluminium construction minimises the unwanted effects of microphony, too.
Available in two performance levels, the flagship M6 (Master) and entry-level S6 (Studio), the six-way PowerHAUS distribution devices are the result of one of the longest product development phases Chord have ever undertaken.
The S6 retains many of the core features of the flagship M6, but is more affordable and represents a significant improvement over standard mains distribution blocks.
Video Introduction of the PowerHAUS M6 / S6 with Chord UK
PowerHAUS S6 Performance
Rather than being star-wired (which is susceptible to RFI), the wiring is run along three bus bars which are all isolated from each other. The earth bus bar is kept as far away as possible from both the live and neutral.
Product Feature Highlights
- Hand built in England by music and cinema lovers
- Pure performance and reliability.
- Free from non-essential and potentially noisy components
- Created to meet Chord Company demo room needs and now available for discerning users everywhere
- Designed using the optimum materials and 40 years of hi-fi industry experience
- Unique Chord Company ARAY technology minimises HF and earth noise
- Protection from RFI via heavily-shielded ARAY wiring
- Robust aluminium casing and a heavy-duty 16A power input
- Conforms to all power safety regulations