The ideal companion to Dynaudio's upright Contours. The Contour 25Ci seamlessly integrates for an awesome surround-sound performance
It’s been said that sound accounts for as much as 80 per cent of the moviegoing experience. And we can’t argue with that (musicals, especially, don’t have quite the same impact with the volume set to zero).
That’s why Dynaudio created the Contour 25Ci centre-channel. Mix and match it with a combination of Contour 20i, 30i and 60i for a seamlessly integrated multichannel system – a system on which you know you’ll be able to enjoy stereo music as much as you will a teeth-rattling blockbuster.
Why do I need a Centre Speaker?
The super-detailed Esotar2i soft-dome unit – which now includes the resonance-defeating Hexis inner dome and a larger rear chamber – is flanked by a pair of 18cm MSP drivers – all of which use the same high-end lightweight aluminium voice-coils and (in the tweeter) magnetic ferrofluid technology as the rest of the Contour range.
Those mid/bass drivers are exactly the same as you’ll find in Contour 20i and 30i – complete with the asymmetrical aramid spider – for total consistency around your system.
Dynaudio's loudspeakers are used in music and movie production studios all over the world – so they know how crucial it is to reproduce multichannel sound to its fullest potential.
And if you’re investing time in watching a movie (or even a TV show), you want that experience to be as clear, dynamic, assured and powerful as it can be. Most of the speech information comes out of the centre-channel, which is why Contour 25Ci’s combination of legendary materials and balanced, neutral sound is so ideal.
That’s why the Contour 25Ci doesn’t compromise. All the knowledge, care and enthusiasm that goes into our upright speakers is here, too. The finish is furniture-grade; the materials top-quality.
If you want a companion or an upgrade for your existing Dynaudio system, this is it.
- Esotar 2i Tweeter - Featuring a larger rear chamber and now the Hexis inner dome, which helps to reduce unwanted resonances and flatten the frequency response
- Improved Spider - Improved asymmetric spider for increased system symmetry – and this one is made from aramid fibres for improved acoustic response
- Updated Crossover - Extensive tweaks from the 2016 Contour model have led to a simpler, cleaner, and even better-performing unit
- Voice Coil - Large diameter, long throw aluminium voice-coils
- Sensitivity: 87dB (2.83V / 1m)
- IEC Power Handling: 300W
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Frequency Response (± 3 dB): 35Hz – 23kHz
- Box Principle: Bass reflex rear ported
- Crossover: 2½-way
- Crossover Frequency: (300) / 2200Hz
- Crossover Topology: 2nd order
- Woofer: 2x 18cm MSP
- Tweeter: 28mm Esotar 2i with Hexis
- Weight: 24kg / 52 7/8lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 750 x 215 x 396mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 750 x 250 x 396mm