The Dynaudio Contour 30i steps it up a notch from the 20i. Of course, it still treads the same path – one of honesty, transparency and sheer entertainment, but it puts it all in a bigger package.
The Contour family has been totally overhauled under the hood with advanced acoustic technology trickled down from the flagship Confidence range. And the results are plain to hear.
Stock Update - 11th April 2022
At the time of writing the Grey Oak finish of the Contour 30i is out of stock for the forseeable future from Dynaudio themselves. We will keep this page updated with any changes to that situation.
Features - What’s new?
Taking it from the top, the brand-new Esotar 2i tweeter on all models gains the ingenious Hexis resonance-defeating inner dome, plus a new, larger rear chamber. Together they reduce distortion and gives a flatter frequency response.
The Contour 30i woofer gains an updated Nomex spider. It’s the same structural design as the 2016 Contour (with varying-width corrugations for finer excursion control), but the new material simply sounds better – the result of many hours of listening in Dynaudio Labs.
The Contour 30i has updated crossovers. And, because of the driver tweaks providing an inherently flat frequency response, it means Dynaudio has been able to remove the impedance correction circuitry for an even simpler board.
Even the internal damping is brand-new – using lessons learned from Evoke and Confidence.
And, of course, the whole range was extensively optimised in Dynaudio’s world-leading Jupiter measuring facility before being subjected to countless hours of listening by the experts in Dynaudio Labs.
Finally, the finishes have been improved. The range isavailable in three finish variants, all with enhanced surface quality.
- Sensitivity: 87dB (2,83V / 1m)
- IEC Power Handling: 300W
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Frequency Response (± 3 dB): 32Hz–23kHz
- Box Principle: Bass reflex rear ported
- Crossover: 2½-way
- Crossover Frequency: (300)/2200Hz
- Crossover Topology: 2nd order
- Woofer: 2x 18cm MSP
- Tweeter: 28mm Esotar2i
- Weight: 31.4kg/69 1/4lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 215x1140x360mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 300 x 1169 x 403mm
HiFi Bundle offer available for the Dynaudio Contour 30i
At Studio Incar we offer expertly curated systems based off our personal listening experience and knowledge. These systems use components that, when combined, allow them to play to their strengths and compliment each other in the best possible way.
We are offering 10% off these systems, when bought as a package.
Analog Based System
- Source - Pro-Ject X2 - Turntable - £1199
- Cartridge - Ortofon Quintet Black - £725
- Phono Stage - Hegel V10 - £1350
- Amplifier - Hegel H390 - Integrated Amplifier - £5000
- Speakers - Dynaudio Contour 30i - Floorstanding Speakers - £4500
- Cables - Chord OdysseyX - Speaker Cables - £20 per metre (bare cable)
- Phono to Amp Cable - Chord Clearway XLR - £150 (1 Metre)