The Dynaudio Sub 3 Home Audio Subwoofer has been designed to work just as well with movies as it does with music, delivering weight, authority and punch no matter what source you use.
It does all of this in a compact and convenient size, taking the strain of the low end away from any stereo or multi-channel setup and improving the midrange performance in the process.
It has the same dimensions as the previous Dynaudio Sub 250, so it’s easy to accommodate, but the design engineers have managed to squeeze in the more powerful 300W amp and full feature set of the larger Sub 600.
There are some new additions too. There’s now a double-thickness 37mm front baffle to increase its rigidity, plus a brand-new 24cm driver, which joins the rest of the Sub 3’s Contour-quality components.
It’s been designed to this high standard for a reason – the Sub 3 can slot seamlessly into any system all the way up to this level, regardless of its size or configuration.
Where there’s no subwoofer output on the amplifier (common in a stereo system setup) the Sub 3’s dual RCA inputs and outputs let you pass a signal through the Sub 3 itself.
You can also fine-tune the crossover point (flat, 60Hz or 80Hz) using the Sub 3’s high-pass filter to ensure the best performance possible.
- System: Single driver, active subwoofer
- Analog Inputs: 1x RCA LFE, 2x RCA stereo
- Analog Outputs: 1x RCA Slave out, 2x RCA SAT out
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 22Hz – 175Hz
- Auto ON/OFF: Yes
- Box Principle: Sealed
- High Pass Filter: Flat / 60 / 80Hz
- Low Pass Filter: 50Hz - 150Hz
- Phase Adjustment: 0 / 180 degrees
- Woofer: 23cm MSP
- Amplifier Power: 300W
- AC Power Input: 100 - 120V / 200 - 240V 50 / 60Hz
- Standby Power Consumption: < 0.5W
- Maximum Power Consumption: 350W
- Weight: 10.5kg / 23.1lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 266 x 276 x 320mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 266 x 276 x 336mm