Equipped with the Flax cone, the woofers from the Focal Performance Flax Evo PC 165 FE kit deliver a very dynamic, natural sound without colouration. In addition, the TMD (Tuned Mass Damper) surround they incorporate stabilises the surround to achieve better control, and even greater neutrality and linearity.
The ‘M’-profile inverted dome coaxial tweeter, in the centre of the speaker driver, offers greater sound definition, without directionality, for an even more detailed listening experience.
Finally, with its engraved aluminium basket and meticulous finishes, the PC 165 FE combines style, discretion and modernity for a premium installation in your vehicle.
The Flax Cone, Expressive and Natural
This flax cone has been exclusively made in France by Focal since 2013. With its original design, it is 100% geared towards acoustic performance. This sandwich cone is formed of a flax fibre core placed between two thin sheets of glass fibre.
Flax is a fibre with the unique ability to reproduce a very natural sound without colouration, with a rich reproduction in the midrange and clear bass strokes. Its lightness offers great dynamics, while its rigidity sustains the bass and provides good damping to deliver a faithful listening experience. Flax fibre is twice as light as glass fibre as it is hollow.
Its very low elasticity makes it ideal for increasing the flexural rigidity module of a sandwich structure.
The M-Profile Inverted Dome Tweeter
Made in France in the Focal workshops, the inverted dome tweeter is an iconic Focal signature. The ‘M’ shape dramatically reduces distortion for an even softer sound diffusion and impressive treble precision.
The TMD Surround
A patented Focal technology, the TMD surround makes an appearance on all speaker drivers in the Flax Evo line, playing a key role in the reproduction and purity of the midranges as well as in the elimination of acoustic distortion, particularly when listening at high volumes.
- M profile inverted dome coaxial tweeter, Better definition without directivity "TMD" suspension
- Aluminium basket, Rigid and non-magnetic Design
- Flax cone, Neutral sound without coloration, More dynamic
- Butyl suspension, exclusive "TMD" (Tuned Mass Damper) profile, Enhanced control, more neutral, linear sound
- Engraved serial number, Guarantee of authenticity
What's in the Box?
- Two 2-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille mounting rings
- 2 Mounting gaskets
- 8 Speed clips
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual
- Diameter: 6 1/2" (165mm)
- Voice-coil diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Magnet: Ferrite
- Tweeter: Aluminum/Magnesium 'M' Profile Inverted Dome Coaxial
- Cone: Flax Sandwich
- Integrated crossover: 6dB/Oct
- Max. power: 140W
- Nom. power: 70W RMS
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
- Frequency response: 60Hz – 28kHz
- Impedance: 4Ω