The Hegel C55 Rack-Mount Power Amplifier is 3u tall, with massive rackmount ears that are an integrated part of the amplifier shell. When installed in a rack, we recommend 1u spacing on top and bottom. There are also adjustable and detachable rear mount ears. If you do not choose to install it in a rack, feet are supplied in the accessory box. Meaning, the C5-series can fit in any application.
Introducing the most versatile high-performance multi-channel amplifiers on the market - the Hegel C5-series. The C5 is available in 3 different versions, tailored to your needs. You can choose to have it as either a 3-channel (C53), 4-channel (C54) or 5-channel (C55) configuration. Meaning you can build a 5.1 or Atmos theater using one or more C5’s. Perhaps you want to bi-amp speakers or use active cross overs? You could also use it to power multiple speakers in a mastering studio, in a restaurant or in a home. In short, wherever you need high-performance sound with dynamics and ultra-low distortion.
As flexible as it is, the C5-series of amplifiers still maintains the full Hegel Sound. C5 uses the patented SoundEngine2 technology with its many benefits. One of them is the possibility to run low bias, meaning the high power class A/B amplifier do not run as warm as normal, allowing you to install it in a 19” rack. Another benefit of the SoundEngine2 is the very high damping factor (more than 2000). Higher damping factor means deep, deep bass and complete control of the bass drivers. It is one of the reasons people are talking about the dynamic Hegel sound. Yet the most important is its low distortion. Hegel’s patented SoundEngine2 amplifiers work almost like a noise-canceling headphone. All distortion elements created within the amplifier circuits are dynamically canceled out, by being played back in a negative phase. So no matter how you choose to configure, the C5-Series will deliver a spectacular soundstage. Never hard or unpleasant. Always natural, smooth and with incredible dynamics.
Versatility stretches further than the number of audio channels and ways to use. The ability to switch phase individually for each channel or selecting between different gain settings for each channel makes it so much easier to integrate into a larger system. The trigger input and output (allows daisy chaining) means you can place it in a separate room and never worry about switching it on or off.
What's in the Box?
- Hegel C55 Rack-Mount Power Amplifier
- User Manual
- Power Cable
- Feet with screws
- Rear Rack brackets
- Power Output: 5 x 150/300/600 W into 8/4/2 ohms
- Minimum Load: 2 ohms
- Analog Inputs: 5 x balanced (XLR), 5 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Control Inputs: 1 x mini-jack 5-12 V trigger
- Control Outputs: 1 x mini-jack 11,9 V trigger out
- Gain Control: Switchable between 23 dB or 29 dB (individual)
- Phase Control: Switchable 1/180 (individual)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 100W 8 Ohms 1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 2000 (main power output stage)
- Net Weight: 37.5 kg
- Gross Weight: 43 kg
- Dimensions: 48.2 cm x 13.2 cm x 52 cm (BxHxD incl handles, ex feet)
- Special Features: Balanced and unbalanced inputs, Trigger in/out, Modular design, Adjustable rear rack mount, Gain & Phase selectors