The Hegel H30 Dual-Mono Power Amplifier is Hegel's best ever power amplifier and is definitely a combatant for being the best power amplifier in the world. The Hegel H30 is developed as a monoblock, but there is also the possibility to use it as a stereo power amplifier to start with if you are on a budget. Progress is a one way street and so for Hegel's power amplifiers.
The Hegel H30 is using a new and improved version of the patented Hegel SoundEngine amplifier technology. This further reduces all types of distortion. In addition to the improved SoundEngine Hegel are also using the highest possible level of the their FET-technology in the input stage and the voltage gain stage. This technology reduces a very specific type of distortion called Harmonic Distortion. This particular type of distortion causes what many people call "transistor sound", and this is therefore dramatically reduced in the H30. It will simply let the music reach you in a different way than what you have ever experienced before.
Normally, when you compare a less powerful amplifier with a more powerful amplifier, the most powerful will have a more potent bass, more attack and more "SLAM" than the less powerful one. This is how it works up to a certain point. The Hegel H30 is beyond this point, and all of a sudden the differences become different. The H30 will simply play with a completely undisputed control, regardless of the loudspeakers. The bass is tremendously deep, but not dominating. The level of detail in the high frequencies are unheard of, but never overbearing.
As a mono power amplifier, the Hegel H30 has a fully balanced output stage which reduces and cancels out distortion. Furthermore, the H30 has a much more advanced input stage and voltage gain stage. The H30 uses hand-matched transistors, and a special combination of JFET and MOS-FET transistors. This further reduces higher-order harmonic distortion in the H30.
- Output Power: More than 1100 W in 8 ohms
- Miniumum load Impedance: 1 ohm load
- Inputs: RCA unbalanced and XLR balanced
- Speaker Outputs: One pair of heavy duty gold plated terminals
- Input Impedance: Balanced 20 kohm, unbalanced 10 kohm
- Signal to noise Ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.003% at 100 W i 8 ohm
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 500
- Power Supply: 2000 VA dual mono, 270,000 μF capacitors
- Output Stage: 56 pcs 15 A 200 W high speed, ultra-low distortion bipolar transistors
- Power Consumption: 120 W in idle mode, 30 watts in ECO mode
- Finish: Black and Silver
- Dimensions/weight: 21 cm x 43 cm x 55 cm (HxWxD), weight 45 kg