The Hegel P30 Preamplifier is a confident contender in the race towards being the best pre amplifier in the world. Pre amplifiers are one of the most difficult audio components to develop. At the same time, it is one of the most important components in a great sounding system.
The reason is that the signal strength is very low when entering the pre amplifier, and is therefore very susceptible to high-frequency noise and distortion elements. The most critical phase in the pre amplifier is the volume regulation, and in the Hegel P30 this is a masterpiece in itself. The physical volume control knob is only used to describe the desired volume output level to the array of Gigahertz MOS-transistors (Metal-Oxide Semiconductor). These direct the music signal through a network of high-quality resistors that reduce the signal level.
After the volume control circuit, the signal is directed through the amplification circuit. For the first time ever Hegel are using their patented SoundEngine technology in the pre amplifier. Combined with their use of hand-matched FET (Field-Effect Transistor) transistors, this results in unsurpassed levels of musical distortion and noise. In total, the music signal will only pass through 2 transistors and between 1 to 3 resistors on its way through the P30. The sound you hear from the Hegel P30 can only be described as organic and very natural.
The Hegel P30 has 2 pairs of balanced inputs (XLR) and 3 regular unbalanced (RCA). In addition to this, it has a Home Theatre input that allows you to integrate it into a Home Theatre system. The P30 also has a 3.5 mm IR-direct input and a 12V trigger output connector. The Hegel P30 is available in both silver and black finish, so it can be matched with both the H30 and H20 power amplifiers.
- Remote Control: Volume, source and mute controlled by Hegel RC2
- Inputs: 2 x XLR balanced, 3 x RCA unbalanced and Home Theatre inputs
- Outputs: 1 x XLR balanced and 2 x RCA unbalanced outputs
- Other Connections: 3,5mm IR-direct jack, 3,5 mm jack 12V trigger output
- Signal to noise Ratio: More than 130 dB balanced mode
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.005 %
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19kHz+20kHz)
- Finish: Black and Silver
- Dimensions/weight: 8cm x 43cm x 30cm (HxWxD), 10kg