The Hertz Mille Legend ML 1650.3 Woofer has increased again the limits of achievable performance for components designed for door installation. To get to these results, the Hertz R&D staff performed extensive in-car voicing sessions, after building several prototypes with the FEA simulation method and testing them with a wide array of measurements carried out with the Klippel® suite.
To ensure extraordinary power handling and very high thermal stability even with tracks especially rich in bass frequencies, the Hertz ML 1650.3 Legend features a 36 mm mobile voice coil. This size ensures the best compromise between power handling and high frequency response.
The cone geometry has been subject of in-depth studies with FEA simulations and measurements performed with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer; all that led to the optimization of the V-cone® profile. In the subwoofers and in the woofers, to reproduce the lowest frequency spectrum, the cone needs to move a remarkable amount of air, so it is forced to make long excursions moving like a piston does.
The V-cone® profile prevents the cone from deforming during its course, ensuring that the “piston” works in a correct position, maximizing the production of acoustic pressure.
Hertz Mille Legend ML 1650.3 - product Features
- Neodymium magnet optimized with FEA simulations for real dynamics and utmost control.
- Very low carbon content CNC machined plates, for maximum magnetic permeability and low distortion at high power levels.
- Aluminium covered pole for a linear impedance modulation and low distortion.
- 36 mm CCAW double layer voice coil wound on a Polyamide former for exceptional power handling and compression-free re production even in the most demanding musical passages.
- Exponential V-cone® with optimized geometry for utmost linearity and dispersion at mid frequency range.
- “Boundary Free” IIR rubber surround, for better efficiency and wider mid-bass frequency.
- Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibres, combining stiffness and lightweight, to achieve wide frequency response and limited break-ups at high frequency.
- Three-spoke, very acoustically transparent anti-resonant aluminium alloy basket featuring built-in venting holes.
- CNC machined elegant diamond-cut basket edge featuring the Hertz logo.
- Die-cast aluminium factory provided grille featuring diamond-cut aluminium Hertz logo.
- V-CONE® - The exponential profile gets very close to the perfect one, providing exceptional dispersion.
- BOUNDARY FREE SURROUND - This technology provides the ability to achieve wider emission surface of the cone compared to speakers with same diameter; that way, the cone manages to move a bigger mass of air, so it produces more acoustic pressure. This special surround is built from highly pure IIR butyl rubber, ensuring extraordinary thermal and mechanical linearity.
- Woofer size: 165mm (6.5 in)
- Voice Coil Ø: 36mm (1.4 in)
- Power Handling: 250W - Peak / 125W Continuous
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 40Hz ÷ 6.5kHz
- Magnet size: 80mm x 45mm x 5mm
- Centre to centre distance: 156mm (6.14 in)
- Hole diameter / Eyelet Dimensions: 5mm (0.2 in)
- Weight of one speaker: 1.29kg (2.84 ib)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Dome/Cone: Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibres