To improve car audio tweeters which were considered a reference since their first introduction into the market is a quite challenging task which could only be achieved by a continued evolution in time and maximum care for each detail that might affect sound.
From these presuppositions the Hertz ML 280.3 Legend Tweeters were born. Through the FEA simulations, the electro-acoustic designers carried out an extensive research which led to the optimization of the Tetolon dome geometry, to minimize distortion.
This optimisation method led to a reviewed face plate geometry for improved frequency response and lower distortion.
Another element of the tweeter, especially important for sound, is the rear acoustic chamber: the designers performed exhaustive research on the geometry as well as on the employed damping material, achieving 50% increase in overall volume, to extend response to lower frequencies with 900Hz resonance frequency.
Hertz Mille Legend ML 280.3 - Product Features
- Neodymium magnet optimized with FEA simulations of the magnetic flux for utmost control and fast response to the transients.
- Extremely pure copper short circuit ring, for excellent very high frequency extension.
- Die-cast aluminium face platewith profile optimized with FEA simulations to improve frequency response and dispersion.
- Tetolon Fiber domeoptimized with FEA simulations for lower distortion and improved dispersion in high frequency range.
- Frame structure and rear load chamber both derived from aCNC machined solid aluminium block, to ensure mechanically inert response to resonances.
- Rear chamber sized for only900 Hz Fs: low Fs ensures wide extension in low frequency range and low distortion also in the crossing section, allowing a decreased cut-off frequency.
- High-density damping materialunderneath the dome, low-density absorbing material in the rear chamber, providing fluid acoustic emission and high damping in the low frequency response.
Tweeter diaphragm: 35mm (1.38 in)
- Voice Coil Ø: 28mm (1.1 in)
- Power Handling: 180W - Peak (Hi-Pass filtered @ 1,8kHz - 12dB Oct.)
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 1kHz ÷ 28kHz
- Magnet size: 27.8mm x 3.5mm x 3mm
- Weight of one speaker: 0.10kg (0.22 lb)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Dome/Cone: Tetolon