The coax tweeter concentric to the woofer of the Hertz Mille Pro MPX 165.3 car audio coaxial speakers allows for one single linear-phase emission point, for a natural timbre providing a detailed sound stage.
Thanks to the “Center Tuning Duct” geometry, the tweeter resonance frequency is especially low and the employment of damping materials for the inside provides for a linear acoustic emission. The acoustic lens optimizes its off-axis response, which is typical with door installation of coax speakers; besides, the 36 mm diameter woofer generates deep and controlled bass frequencies.
Optional full protection metal mesh grill featuring the aluminium Hertz logo and attractive look mineral powder coated inner grill are included for several install combinations.
- Concentric coaxial tweeter built in the woofer voice coil, achieving one single point of emission, to re-create the virtual sound-stage like in live music performances.
- 20 mm voice coil Tetolon fiber soft dome tweeter, featuring “Center Tuning Duct” geometry, for lower resonance frequency and reduced harmonic distortion.
- Tweeter support working as a rear chamber, sized for low Fs, to ensure a well damped high pass frequency roll-off, allowing low cut-off frequency crossover point.
- 36 mm pure copper woofer voice coil wound on a Polyamide former, for outstanding power handling and dynamic compression-free reproduction.
- Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibers, combining stiffness and lightweight for a wide frequency response. Cone profile geometrically refined to perfectly match with the tweeter emission ensuring phase consistency in the crossover area.
- “Boundary Free” rubber surround, for improved efficiency and wider mid-bass frequency.
- Over-sized ferrite magnet combined with very low carbon content iron plates, for low distortion at high power levels.
- Low mounting depth, acoustically transparent aluminium alloy basket with elegant diamond cutting and featuring the aluminium Hertz logo.
- Anti-vibration rubber magnet cover, to damp spurious vibrations.
- Tweeter Size: 25mm (1 in)
- Woofer Size: 165mm (6.5 in)
- Tweeter Voice Coil Ø: 20mm (0.8 in)
- Woofer Voice Coil Ø: 36mm (1 in)
- Power Handling: 200W Peak / 100W Continuous
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 45Hz ÷ 21.5kHz
- Tweeter Magnet size: 29.5mm x 22mm x 4mm
- Woofer Magnet size: 90mm x 45mm x 17mm
- Weight of one speaker: 1.27kg (2.8 lb)
- Tweeter Magnet: Neodymium
- Woofer Magnet: High density flux ferrite
- Dome/Cone: Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibers
- Xmech: ±6mm (0.24 in)