The HiFi Rose RS150 is a high-end Network Streamer / DAC and Pre-amplifier. It has an elegant and sturdy aluminium construction and utilises a state-of-the-art DAC from Asahi Kasei and a bespoke transformer design. The RS150 benefits from the Rose OS, a proprietary operating system that has a user interface and features that are second-to-none.
Focusing on Sound
Featuring Asahi Kasei's flagship AK4499EQ DAC chip, the RS150 offers extremely low noise, low distortion and ultra-high-resolution sound that still has a rich density and analogue feel with proprietary processing supporting up-to PCM 32-bit / 768kHz and Native DSD512 (22.4MHz).
The use of a linear power supply results in minimising noise inflow significantly, and the ideal circuit layout used eliminates electrical noise, and creates substantially improved sound quality without the distortion.
ROSE OS Software
The ROSE OS was designed from scratch using the Android platform to deliver an premium yet familiar user experience. The ROSE OS can be accessed via the iOS or Android app, or through the built-in 14.9 inc touch-screen. The simple menu structure gives access to all aspects of the RS150.
You can play music and video files from a local storage device (USB, MicroSD or SATA), or access files elsewhere on your home network with a DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) connection to any NAS (Network-Attached Storage) drives or other storage devices. The MUSIC app shows all of your connected music sources, and is easy to navigate and use. The RS150 also features built-in apps for TIDAL and QOBUZ - giving complete access to their extended streaming libraries.
The Tidal app also gives access to Tidal's music video streaming for playback on the RS150 screen or via the HDMI output, so you can link up your TV. The RS150 is also a MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) decoder, for full playback of Tidal's Master tracks.
The CD and CD RIPPING apps allow you to attach any standard external CD-ROM drive for easy CD playback, or to rip CDs in highest-quality to any local storage device in a quick and intuitive way, all through the touch-screen interface.
The RADIO and PODCAST apps give you access to extensive live radio and podcast databases, while ROSE TUBE gives you access to YouTube for high-quality music and video playback.
ROSE OS also offers support for Roon Ready, Spotify Connect and AirPlay, bringing your entire digital audio experience into one elegant product.
The RS150 also functions as a complete digital hub and pre-amplifier, for a fully customised system set-up. With an extensive array of hardware inputs and outputs, most of which can be customised or adjusted to suit the exact environment, you can achieve greater control over your whole system than ever before.
There's also the option to connect to the network by ethernet (preferred), or by WiFi. The included dongle also supports Bluetooth communication. The supplied Bluetooth remote control gives extensive control over most of the ROSE OS system.
Compatible with multiple devices via numerous input/output terminals, the RS150 is the ultimate device for high performance connectivity and streaming.
Integrated with Asahi Kasei's flagship DAC chip AK4499EQ, the RS150 offers low noise, low distortion, ultra-high-resolution sound and analog rich density with proprietary processing supporting PCM 32bit / 768KHz and Native DSD512 (22.4MHz).
Analog Acoustic Sensitivities
Delivers the musical inspiration from high-quality sound by the tuning of Acoustic engineers with thirty years of experience. Clearly expresses the full range, from grand, and rich bass to delicate, and elegant highs.
Highly Precise Femto Clock
The highly precise femto clock delivers superb stereoscopic, and distortion-free sound with quiet and clear background imaging.
Case milled from Solid block
The high-purity aluminium integrated into one piece to maximise thermal efficiency. By minimising parts in the assembly area, vibrations that can affect sound qualities are greatly reduced, creating a profound and ideal sense of space of High Purity Aluminium.
Linear Power System and Ideal Circuit system
Linear power supply minimises noise inflow significantly. Ideal circuit system eliminates electrical noise, and creates dramatically improved sound quality without distortion.
RS150 supports MQA full decoder technology. MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download.
- OS: Rose OS Ver 1.22.4 (based on Customized Android 7.1)
- Size: 430(W) x 316(D) x 123(H) mm
- Weight: 13 kg
- Body: Milled from Solid Block of High Purity Aluminium
- Display: 14.9-inch-Wide HD IPS Touch Screen LCD
- CPU: Hexa Core CPU / Dual-core Cortex-A72 up to 1.8GHz / Quad-core Cortex-A53 up to 1.4GHz
- GPU: Mali-T864 GPU, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11
- MEMORY: LPDDR3 4GByte
DAC - Digital / Audio Converter
- DAC Specs: Asahi Kasei VERITA AK4499EQ
- Resolution: 32-bit
- Sampling Rate: 8 to 768kHz
- Native DSD Support: 22.5792Mhz ( DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512 ) VELVET SOUND Technology Supported.
- THD-N: -124dB, Dynamic Range, S/N : 134dB
- Output Level: Unbalanced 4.5Vrms / Balanced 9.0Vrms (No load Condition)
- Signal to Noise Ratio Measure: Unbalanced 117dB @ 1kHz - Balanced 120dB @ 1kHz
- THD+N Measure: Unbalanced 0.0005% @ 1kHz - Balanced 0.0003% @ 1kHz
- THD Measure: Unbalanced 0.0003% @ 1kHz - Balanced 0.0002% @ 1kHz
- Wired: Ethernet 10/100/1000 BASE-T
- Wireless: External USB type WiFi Dongle supported
- Bluetooth: BT : External USB type BT WiFi Dongle supported. ( A2DP Sink, AVRCP v1.3)
- Streaming: Airplay / DLNA / Roon Ready / MQA Full Decoder
- Music service: TIDAL / Internet Radio / Podcast
Input / Output
- Audio input: Optical x 1, COAX x 1, Line-IN x 1, AES/EBU x 1, HDMI ARC x 1, USB DAC x 1,
- Audio output: Optical x 1, COAX x 1, Pre-OUT (Balanced x 1, Unbalanced x 1), I2S-DVI x 1,I2S-RJ45 x 1, AES/EBU x 1,
- Video output: HDMI 2.0x 1 ( up to 3840 x 2160 / 60Hz )
- Media connection: File system : SMBv1, SMBv2 /FTP / WebDav / NTFS / eXfat / FAT32
- Storage interface: USB3.0 x 2, MicroSD x 1, SSD x 1