iFi use propriertary technology that they claim, makes the NEO Stream, a distinctly different streamer.
A big selling point for the Neo Stream compared to the competition is that there is no branded app you have to use. It doesn't have any specific control app.
Functionally and sonically, it’s ideal for passionate music lovers who want to experience their music with exceptional sound quality through their own choice of control app or music platform.
Introduction and Overview to the iFi NEO Stream - Video
Streaming Platform Compatibility
- Roon Ready – Roon Ready certification means the NEO Stream slots straight into a Roon audio environment and works seamlessly with Roon software.
- DNLA/UPnP – Use your choice of any DLNA/UPnP compatible app – BubbleUpnP, connect, Audirvana and so on – to control the NEO Stream and access audio content from online services.
- Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect Stream straight from these integrated online music services.
- Apple Airplay – Easy streaming from Apple devices.
- NAA operation – Serious enthusiast? The NEO Stream can operate as a Network Audio Adapter. It directs packets of audio data received over Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable straight to the connected DAC without applying processing.
- NAS drive – stream from a local storage device using the ‘Stream-iFi’ app.
The NEO Stream’s integral DAC stage takes your streaming enjoyment to another level.
- Four-channel True Native hi-res DAC design – supports PCM 768kHz and DSD 512,
- Powerful 16-core XMOS processor – performs full MQA decoding (to 384kHz)
Thanks to the DAC chip’s four-channel True Native design, PCM and DSD take separate pathways and remain ‘bit-perfect’ in their direct-native form, right through to analogue conversion. In the case of DSD, there is no conversion to PCM or application of multi-bit processing – this is unusual and makes the NEO Stream an excellent choice for DSD purists.
Rear Panel Connections
Connecting to your network router via cable rather than relying on Wi-Fi? The NEO Stream includes a unique option alongside its RJ45 and M12 ports – optical LAN. This is our own technology. Connect the OptiBox transceiver to the router, and the NEO Stream to the OptiBox via an optical cable. Both the OptiBox and cable are included.
Benefit from the highest quality digital audio connection possible between the router and the streamer.
- Ultra-fast data speeds of up to 10Gbps
- Bit-perfect transmission of ultra-resolution audio
- Minimal degradation across distances of up to 1km
The LAN signal from the router is regenerated, reclocked and rebalanced by the OptiBox; true galvanic isolation is applied, with zero parasitic capacitance and inductance.
- Ethernet (M12 X-code 8-pin/RJ45/Optical)
- USB-A and USB-C (front panel) (USB DISK, HDD etc.)
- DSD: up to 512 / 22.6MHz
- PCM: up to 768kHz
- MQA: Full Decoder
- Balanced 4.4mm 4V RMS / UnBAL RCA 2V RMS (Analogue)
- USB-C (front panel)
- USB3.0 Type-A Socket x2 (USB2.0 compatible)
- S/PDIF Optical (PCM up to 192kHz, 24-bit)
- S/PDIF Coaxial (PCM up to 192kHz, 24-bit)
- AES/EBU (XLR - single link, PCM up to 192kHz)
- I2S via HDMI
- Output Impedance: Balanced: ≤74Ω - UnBAL: ≤37Ω
- SNR: <-106dB(A) @ 0dBFS (BAL/UnBAL)
- THD + N: <0.0025% @ 0dBFS (BAL/UnBAL)
- Power Supply Requirement: DC 9V/2.0A, 12V/1.8A, 15V/1.2A (centre pin +)
- Power Consumption: <0.5W idle, 14W max.
- Dimensions: 214 x 151 x 41 mm (8.4" x 5.9" x 1.6")
- Net Weight: 1.0 kg (2.26 Ibs)
- Limited Warranty: 12 months