The JL Audio 12TW3 - Thin-Line 12 Inch Subwoofer delivers a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability. In fact, they are capable of greater excursion than the W3v3’s.
To allow this remarkable feat to be achieved, JL Audio’s patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the TW3’s using a “concentric tube” structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
TW3’s are optimized for small enclosures and offer our tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints. We know you’re going to love working with these amazing Subwoofers.
Deep, powerful and accurate JL Audio bass is now possible in more applications than ever.
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory with global components
|SUBWOOFER||12TW3 - D4||12TW3 - D8|
|Free Air Resonance (Fs):||26.46 Hz||32.660 Hz|
|Electrical “Q” (Qes):||0.558||0.715|
|Mechanical “Q” (Qms):||10.766||10.071|
|Total Speaker “Q” (Qts):||0.531||0.668|
|Equivalent Compliance (Vas):||48.73 Litres||34.12 litres|
|One-way, Linear Excursion (Xmax):||0.6 in / 15.2 mm||15.2 mm|
|Efficiency (1W/1m):||84.11 dB SPL||84.23 dB SPL|
|Effective Piston Area (Sd):||0.0539 m2||0.0539 m2|
|DC Resistance (Re):||9.280 ohm||14.800 ohm|
|Nominal Impedance:||Dual 4-ohm voice coils||Dual 8-ohm voice coils|
|Power Handling (continuous):||400 W||400 W|