At the core of the JL Audio C1-400x is a proprietary, stamped, steel 4-inch (100 mm) frame and a DMA-optimized motor system. A mineral-filled, injection-molded polypropylene cone is suspended with a rubber surround on the front, and a carefully engineered spider at the top of the voice coil, to precisely control motion and prevent impact between the voice coil and the back plate. Tinsel leads are carefully routed and attached to the spider to prevent fatigue and buzzing. These are the same kinds of features and materials normally found on much more expensive loudspeakers.
Equipped with a true, edge-driven, aluminum dome tweeter, C1 speakers stand further apart from others in its category with superior high-frequency clarity and definition. The tweeter’s design has inherently excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. It also benefits from the damping of a silk surround suspension and Ferrofluid in the voice coil gap, along with the superior strength of a neodymium magnet circuit. A true, 2nd order high-pass filter is employed to further enhance smoothness and improve power handling.
Sold as a pair. Grilles not available.
What's in the Box?
- Two (2) C1-400x 4.0-inch (100mm) coaxial loudspeakers
- Eight (8) #8 x 0.75-inch (19mm) sheet metal screws
- Eight (8) mounting clips
- Two (2) 4.7 mm female crimpable connectors
- Two (2) 2.8 mm female crimpable connectors
- Continuous Power Handling: 35 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 10-50 Watts per channel (RMS)
- Efficiency: 84.5 dB @ 1W / 1m | 90.5 dB @ 1W / 0.5m
- Sensitivity: 87.5 dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Frequency Response: 64 Hz - 24 kHz ± 3 dB