At the core of the JL Audio C1-650x Coaxial Speaker System is a proprietary, stamped, steel 6.5 inch (165 mm) frame and a DMA-optimised motor system. A mineral-filled, injection-molded polypropylene cone is suspended with a rubber surround on the front, and a carefully engineered flat Conex® spider at the top of the voice coil, to precisely control the voice coil's motion. Tinsel leads are carefully routed and attached to the spider to prevent fatigue and buzzing. These are the same kinds of features and materials normally found on much more expensive loudspeakers.
To facilitate fit, multi-application adaptor rings are included with the C1-650x allowing easy, drop-in installation in vehicles equipped with oversized 6.5-inch and 6.75-inch speaker openings. Without the ring, the speaker will fit into many "6-inch" speaker locations as well.
Equipped with a true, edge-driven, aluminum dome tweeter, C1 speakers stand further apart from others in its category with superior high-frequency clarity and definition. The tweeter’s design has inherently excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. It also benefits from the damping of a silk surround suspension and Ferrofluid in the voice coil gap, along with the superior strength of a neodymium magnet circuit. A true, 2nd order high-pass filter is employed to further enhance smoothness and improve power handling.
Sold as a pair. Grilles not available.
What's in the Box?
- Two (2) C1-650x 6.50-inch (165mm) coaxial loudspeakers
- Eight (8) #8 x 0.75-inch (19mm) sheet metal screws
- Eight (8) #8 x 0.25-inch (6mm) thread forming screws
- Eight (8) mounting clips
- Two (2) 4.7 mm female crimpable connectors
- Two (2) 2.8 mm female crimpable connectors
- Two (2) multi-application speaker adaptor rings
- Continuous Power Handling: 50 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 10-75 Watts per channel (RMS)
- Efficiency: 90.5 dB @ 1W / 1m | 96.5 dB @ 1W / 0.5m
- Sensitivity: 93.0 dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 24 kHz ± 3 dB