C1 woofer drivers benefit from proprietary FEA modeling and JL Audio's expertise in low-frequency driver design. This knowledge is used to create speakers that can play loudly, while maintaining a smooth, dynamic, low distortion sound. At the core of the JL Audio C1-690 Elliptical Component Speaker System is a proprietary, stamped, steel 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230 mm) oval frame and a DMA-optimized motor system. A mineral-filled, injection-molded polypropylene cone is suspended with a rubber surround on the front, and a carefully engineered flat Conex® spider at the top of the voice coil, to precisely control motion and prevent impact between the voice coil and the back plate. Tinsel leads are carefully routed and attached to the spider to prevent fatigue and buzzing. These are the same kinds of features and materials normally found on much more expensive loudspeakers.
To facilitate fit, spacer/adaptor rings are included allowing the JL Audio C1-690 woofers to be installed in bottom-mount applications. Surface and flush mounts are included with C1 tweeters for maximum installation versatility.
Equipped with a true, edge-driven, 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter, the C1-690 stands further apart from others in its category with superior high-frequency clarity and definition. The tweeter’s design has inherently excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. It also benefits from the damping of a silk surround suspension and Ferrofluid in the voice coil gap, along with the superior strength of a neodymium magnet circuit. An in-line, outboard 2nd order high-pass filter, with Advanced Tweeter Protection Circuitry, is included to further enhance smoothness and improve power handling.
Sold as a pair. Grilles not available.
What's in the Box?
- Two (2) C1-690cw 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230 mm) woofers
- Two (2) C1-100ct 1.0-inch (25 mm) tweeters
- Two (2) surface-mount tweeter fixtures
- Two (2) C1-100cthp in-line, high-pass filters on 4 ft. (1.2 m) wire harnesses
- Two (2) metal spring clips (for tweeter flush-mounting)
- Eight (8) #8 x 1.50-inch (38mm) sheet metal screws
- Four (4) #6 x .625-inch (22 mm) sheet metal screws
- Eight (8) mounting clips
- Two (2) 4.7 mm female crimpable connectors
- Two (2) 2.8 mm female crimpable connectors
- Two (2) 10mm stud bolts with fixed M4 nut
- Two (2) 25mm stud bolts with fixed M4 nut
- Two (2) M5 nuts
- Two (2) bottom-mount spacer adaptor rings
- Continuous Power Handling: 60 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 10-100 Watts per channel (RMS)
- Efficiency: 91.5 dB @ 1W / 1m | 97.5 dB @ 1W / 0.5m
- Sensitivity: 94.0 dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Frequency Response: 39Hz - 22 KHz ± 3 dB