C7 is the pinnacle of JL Audio automotive loudspeaker design, benefiting from our most advanced development tools and a complete commitment to precision manufacturing.
The JL Audio C7-100ct Component Tweeter is designed to deliver unparalleled high-frequency performance. Utilising a corundum ceramic-coated aluminum alloy diaphragm suspended via a treated silk, s-roll surround, it provides spectacularly detailed reproduction of treble frequencies with outstanding off-axis response. Distortion and non-linearities have been minimised through critical optimisation of dynamic motor and suspension behaviors.
Dome Diaphragm: Corundum ceramic coated aluminum alloy diaphragm exhibits high stiffness, very low mass and excellent environmental stability. It also helps the tweeter dome to hold its shape and operate as a true piston at higher frequencies, without a penalty in moving mass.
Suspension Design: The diaphragm's motion is centered, sprung and damped by a treated silk, s-roll surround. Ferrofluid in the magnetic gap acts as a rear suspension element in this design. The two combine to provide optimum damping without unduly restricting excursion.
Motor Design: The C7-100ct employs a high-density magnetic circuit with a neodymium magnet and U-Yoke motor topology. An under-hung voice coil is employed, wound with copper-clad aluminum wire onto an aluminum voice coil former. Motor magnetics have been precisely optimized utilizing advanced FEA tools to lower even order distortion and IMD/AMD.
Acoustical Design: The shape of the tweeter housing is designed to boost sensitivity in a very specific bandwidth, helping to flatten the frequency response. It also provides improved control of directivity.
With 48 dB/octave filters: 3,000 Hz - 30,000 Hz
With 24 dB/octave filters: 4,000 Hz - 30,000 Hz
With 12 dB/octave filters: 5,000 Hz - 30,000 Hz
Sold as a pair, with flush and surface mounting fixtures and hardware. Two 15μF tweeter protection capacitosr are also included.
The performance of every C7 driver is tested and verified, then assigned a unique serial number. Register your C7 loudspeaker online to receive a copy of its specific Acoustical Test Report.
What's in the Box?
- Two (2) C7-100ct 1.0-inch (25 mm) tweeter
- Two (2) surface-mount fixture
- Two (2) flush-mount fixture
- Two (2) #8 metal spring clip (for flush-mounting)
- Two (2) #8 flat metal spring nut (for surface-mounting)
- Two (2) M4 x 30 mm machine screw
- Two (2) #8 x 1.0-inch (25 mm) sheet metal screw
- Two (2) 4.7 mm male crimpable connector
- Two (2) 2.8 mm male crimpable connector
- Two (2) 15 μF tweeter protection capacitor
- Speaker Type: Component Tweeter
- Nominal Diameter: 1 in. (25 mm)
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohms
- Continuous Power Handling: 100W
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-150W (RMS)
- Net Weight: 0.25 lbs. (110 kg)
- Voice Coil Resistance (Re): 3.20 ohms
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 1450 Hz
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.267%
- Efficiency: 86.5 dB @ 1W/1m | 92.5 dB @ 1W/0. 5m
- Sensitivity: 89.5 dB @ 2. 83V/1m