C7 is the pinnacle of JL Audio automotive loudspeaker design, benefiting from our most advanced development tools and a complete commitment to precision manufacturing.
The JL Audio C7-350cm Component Midrange Speakers are designed to operate in a 3-way system, with a woofer and tweeter. Conceived and purpose-built from the ground up, it offers exceptional transient response and outstanding linearity, resulting in unsurpassed clarity and natural mid-range reproduction. Distortion and non-linearities have been minimized through critical optimization of dynamic motor and suspension behaviors.
Passive crossover networks are not included with C7 drivers, as they are designed for active systems. Instead, we recommend a high-quality tuning DSP, with a dedicated amplifier channel for each C7 loudspeaker in the system. Precise setup of equalization, delay and crossover filters will ensure optimal in-vehicle performance.
Cone and Dust Cap: Vacuum-formed, mineral-filled polypropylene material offers excellent damping and low mass. The cone body features a gentle curvilinear profile to optimize response. A concave dust cap further improves high frequency behavior.
Suspension design: The moving assembly is suspended and damped via a linear profile spider formed from a Nomex®/polycotton blend, and a positive-roll, rubber surround. The two combine to provide optimum damping without prematurely restricting excursion.
Motor Design: The C7-350cm employs a high-density magnetic circuit with a high-grade, neodymium magnet, and a specially machined, U-Yoke motor topology. Motor magnetics have been precisely optimized utilizing advanced FEA tools to reduce distortion and provide linear motor force throughout the driver's performance range.
A 36 mm (1.42 inch) diameter, overhung voice coil is employed, wound with copper-clad aluminum wire onto a fiberglass voice coil former. The oversized voice coil offers extended power handling capability, minimizing thermal compression and distortion at higher listening levels.
Chassis Design: A purpose-engineered cast alloy basket is employed, featuring thin spokes to maximize rear open area.
With 48 dB/octave filters: 300 Hz - 10 kHz
With 24 dB/octave filters: 400 Hz - 10 kHz
With 12 dB/octave filters: 500 Hz - 10 kHz
Built in USA with Global Components
Sold with a cast-alloy grille tray, one fine mesh steel grille insert and one spiral steel grille insert.
The performance of every C7 driver is tested and verified, then assigned a unique serial number. Register your C7 loudspeaker online to receive a copy of its specific Acoustical Test Report.
What's in the Box?
- Two (2) C7-350cm 3.50-inch (190 mm) midrange
- Two (2) die-cast aluminum grille tray
- Two (2) fine mesh steel grille
- Two (2) spiral steel grille
- Two (2) 4.7 mm female crimpable connector
- Two (2) 2.8 mm female crimpable connector
- Two (2) #6 x 1.25-inch (32 mm) sheet metal screws
- Nominal Diameter: 3.5 in. (90 mm)
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohms
- Continuous Power Handling: 100W
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-150W (RMS)
- Net Weight: 0.71 lbs. (0.32 kg)
- Driver Rear Displacement: 0.0024 cu.ft. (0.068 liters)
- Min. Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 0.014 cu.ft. (0.4 liters)
- Voice Coil Resistance (Re): 3.245 ohms
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 156 .9 Hz
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.270%
- Efficiency: 86.5 dB @ 1W/1m | 92.5 dB @ 1W/0. 5m
- Sensitivity: 89.5 dB @ 2. 83V/1m
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.590
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 6.454
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0. 541
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 0.015 cu.ft. (0.430 liters)
- Moving Mass (Mms): 4.009 g
- Mechanical Compliance (Cms): 0.000257 m/N
- Magnetic Strength (BL): 4.66 N/A
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 5.31sq.in. (0.003426 sq. m)
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax): 1 mm