The JL Audio FiX 82 - OEM Integration DSP is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver world-class sound from factory audio systems, without replacing the OEM source unit. The JL Audio FiX™ 82 is the first DSP to automatically correct time delayed factory outputs prior to signal summing and EQ correction.
With a powerful 24-bit DSP processor and dual 1/3 octave equalisers onboard, complex 2-way, 3-way and 4-way factory audio outputs are combined and level-matched automatically into a flat, full-range stereo signal. Differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level to high-power, amplified speaker-level outputs (up to 30V RMS).
Calibration is initiated with just a single button press and takes only about 30 seconds to complete, with no special equipment needed!
By connecting a PC running TüN™ Software via USB, you can also access a complete suite of diagnostic panels that show the frequency response of input signals, as well as the corrected outputs. Adjustments can be made to input polarity, muting, and filtering, and new calibrations can be initiated from the PC as well. By clicking on the “TUNE” tab of the TüN™ interface, you can also access a pair of user-adjustable, 10-band, graphic equalizers to fine tune the output signals.
The FiX™ 82 may be used to perform the following functions:
- Eight differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level to high power, amplified speaker-level, and converts them to digital audio with 24-bit effective resolution.
- Compatible with full-range and band-limited OEM signals, outputs from factory 2-way, 3-way or 4-way stereo systems are automatically summed into a complete, full-range stereo signal.
- Factory filtered or “tuned” signals are automatically restored back to a flat, full-range audio output. These digital-domain corrections can vary from subtle to dramatic, depending on the amount of equalization engineered into the factory audio system.
- Time delayed OEM signals are automatically corrected into a synchronized output.
- A simple calibration process performs signal summing, EQ restoration and time-delay correction tasks automatically.
- Digitally corrected signals can then be sent to your aftermarket signal processors or amplifiers via two methods:
- Analog audio through a stereo pair of low-distortion, 4-volt (RMS) line-level outputs
- Digital audio through an optical (Toslink) output, supporting PCM audio (S/PDIF) 24bit/48kHz
- Differential-balanced input architecture ensures noise immunity and compatibility with most analog output OEM source units or amplifiers.
- Selectable turn-on options for activation include: conventional 12-volt trigger, automatic via Signal-Sensing or automatic via DC Offset-Sensing.
- Provides a dedicated remote turn-on voltage output for activating aftermarket amplifiers or signal processors.
- JLID Controller Port allows connection of the optional DRC-100 Digital Remote Controller (sold separately), adding Master Volume Control, Handsfree Optimization Mode and LED Status Reporting capabilities from the driver’s seat.
- USB port provides access to update firmware and advanced options.
The FiX™ 82 may be used as a standalone integration device, sending crystal-clear audio to your amplifiers or as a gateway to world-class sound by using it with our TwK™ System Tuning DSP (sold separately).
|Power Supply Type||Regulated DC-DC SMPS|
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 16 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||<1.5 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||0.7 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||1 A|
|Input Voltage Range||250 mV - 30 V RMS|
|Minimum Input Voltage||10 mV RMS|
|Input Level Setting||Fully automatic|
|Analog Output||Unbalanced, stereo RCA jacks|
|Digital Output||Optical (Toslink) output (S/PDIF)|
|Output Impedance||450 Ω|
|S/N Ratio||96 dB (A-Weighted, referred to 4V RMS Output)|
|Audio Resolution||24 bit / 48 kHz|
|Number of EQ Bands||30 x 2 channels|
|EQ Resolution||1/3 octave (25 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Remote Level Control||Optional (DRC-100)|
|Remote Level Functions||Master Volume Control, Handsfree Optimization, LED Status Reporting|
- Height (H): 1.85 in / 47 mm
- Width (W): 4.29 in / 109 mm
- Depth (D): 6.14 in / 156 mm
- Net Weight: 2.58 lb / 1.17 kg