The JL Audio FiX™ 86 - OEM Integration DSP is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver outstanding sound from factory source units, while retaining OEM fader control.
Unlike typical OEM interface products, the FiX™ 86 automatically corrects time-delayed factory outputs prior to signal summing and EQ correction. Calibration takes just a single button press and about 30 seconds to complete, with no special equipment needed.
With a powerful 24-bit DSP processor and quad 1/3 octave equalisers onboard, complex factory signals, up to 3-way front and 2-way rear, are combined and level matched automatically into six, full-range stereo signals: Front (fader-controlled), Rear (fader-controlled) and Subwoofer (non-fading, front+rear summed) outputs.
By connecting a PC running TüN™ Software via USB, you can also access a complete suite of diagnostic panels that show the frequency response of input signals, as well as the corrected outputs. Adjustments can be made to input polarity, muting, and filtering, and new calibrations can be initiated from the PC as well. By clicking on the “TUNE” tab of the TüN™ interface, you can also access four, user-adjustable, 10-band, graphic equalizers to fine tune the output signals.
The FiX™ 86 may be used to perform the following functions:
- Eight differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level signals to high power, amplified speaker-level signals. FiX™ 86 automatically level-adjusts and converts each OEM input signal to digital audio with 24-bit effective resolution.
- Any time delays between the OEM input signals are automatically synchronized.
- FiX™ 86 is compatible with full-range or band-limited OEM signals. Multiple band-limited OEM input signals are automatically summed into full-range signals. FiX™ 86 will sum up to 3-way front and 2-way rear signals.
- After summing, FiX™ 86 will measure the frequency response of the Front L&R and Rear L&R summed signals and automatically equalize them to a flat frequency response. These digital-domain corrections can vary from subtle to dramatic, depending on the amount of equalization engineered into the factory audio system.
- A simple calibration process initiates the automatic level adjustment, time correction, signal summing and equalization tasks.
- Once calibrated, the FiX™ 86 delivers corrected analog signals to your aftermarket signal processor or amplifier(s) via six low-distortion, line-level RCA-type outputs with 4-volt (RMS) capability. Front L&R, Rear L&R and non-fading (front + rear) subwoofer outputs permit retention of the OEM fader’s functionality while also offering dedicated subwoofer outputs.
- Differential-balanced input architecture ensures noise immunity and compatibility with most analog output OEM source units or amplifiers.
- Selectable turn-on options for activation include: conventional 12-vol trigger, automatic via Signal-Sensing or automatic via DC Offset-Sensing.
- FiX™ 86 provides a dedicated remote turn-on voltage output for activating aftermarket amplifiers or signal processors.
- JLid™ Controller Port allows connection of the optional DRC-100 or DRC-200 Digital Remote Controllers (each sold separately), adding Master Volume Control and/or Subwoofer Level Control, Handsfree Optimization Mode and LED Status Reporting capabilities from the driver’s seat.
- USB port provides access to update firmware and advanced options.
The FiX™ 86 can be used as a standalone integration device, sending crystal-clear audio to your amplifiers, or as a gateway to world-class sound by using it with our TwK™ System Tuning DSP (sold separately).
|Power Supply Type||Regulated DC-DC SMPS|
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 16 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||<1.5 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||0.7 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||1 A|
|Input Voltage Range||250 mV - 30 V RMS|
|Minimum Input Voltage||10 mV RMS|
|Input Level Setting||Fully automatic|
|Output Channels||Six (Front/Rear/Sub Output Pairs)|
|Analog Output||Unbalanced, stereo RCA jacks|
|Output Impedance||450 Ω|
|S/N Ratio||96 dB (A-Weighted, referred to 4V RMS Output)|
|THD+N @ Rated Output||0.02% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Audio Resolution||24 bit / 48 kHz|
|Number of EQ Bands||30 x 2 channels|
|EQ Resolution||1/3 octave (25 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Remote Level Control||Optional (DRC-100 or DRC-200)|
|Remote Level Functions||Master Volume Control, Handsfree Optimization, LED Status Reporting (DRC-200 adds Subwoofer Level Control)|
- Height (H): 1.85 in / 47 mm
- Width (W): 4.29 in / 109 mm
- Depth (D): 6.14 in / 156 mm
- Net Weight: 2.58 lb / 1.17 kg