JL Audio's patented High Output Enclosures are designed to deliver the ultimate high-performance bass experience with a rare combination of superb sound quality and awesome output. In the JL Audio HO112-W6v3 Ported Subwoofer Enclosure, the high power handling of the 12W6v3 Subwoofer, combined with its small enclosure requirements, results in a very compact subwoofer system that is capable of impressive output with moderate amplification.
JL Audio's patented, chamber-coupled port design (U.S. patent #6,625,292) wraps around the inner enclosure boundary and terminates just above the woofer, coupling the port output to the woofer's direct output. This also provides the necessary surface area and port length to maximize the performance of the W6v3 driver. This enclosure design has been carefully engineered to the optimum ported alignment for the 12W6v3, and has been fine-tuned through extensive real-world listening.
This subwoofer system is shipped wired, loaded and ready to connect via a five-way binding post terminal. While no grille is provided, the recessed mounting baffle provides some protection for the woofer. A steel mesh woofer grille insert can be purchased separately (Model: SGR-12W6v2/v3), if additional woofer protection is desired.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 600 W
- System Nominal Impedance: 2 Ω
- Enclosure Type: Chamber-coupled, slot-ported, rear-firing design
- Finish: Dark gray carpet with black insert
- Grille Included: No
- External Width (W): 14.5 in / 368 mm
- External Height (H): 16 in / 406 mm
- External Depth (D1): 24 in / 610 mm
- Net Weight: 60.7 lb / 27.52 kg