With the JL Audio MicroSub+ ACP112LG-TW1 - Active Subwoofer, power is built right into the subwoofer system. Integrated with a JL's proprietary Class D amplifier, this subwoofer system utilises their exclusive DCD amplifier technology. This is designed to extract maximum output from the ultra low-impedance TW1 driver.
DCD (Direct Conversion Class D Technology) amplifiers are free of conventional switching power supplies. Thus, enabling them to generate remarkable power with unprecedented efficiency.
Construction - ACP112LG-TW1
Key to the enclosure’s performance is the efficient slot-ported design and tuning of its 12TW1 Subwoofer. Extensive interior bracing permits the use of thinner wall material that maximises the enclosure's internal volume relative to its exterior volume.
The port wraps around two walls of the enclosure to produce the necessary low tuning frequency that ensures excellent extension and response smoothness. The flared port entry and exit further enhance sound quality by minimising air-flow noises through the port.
Integration to OEM and aftermarket head units is made easy thanks to a variety of input options and automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC offset sensing). Also included is a variable frequency low-pass filter (50-200 Hz), along with output polarity control switch.
Adding an optional RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately) lets you control subwoofer levels directly from the driver’s seat. A quick-disconnect power connector makes it easy to remove the subwoofer when you need the extra space. As with all MicroSub™ systems, these amplified versions produce the kind of output and extension normally associated with much larger systems.
Note: DCD™ amplified systems use very specific components. Never use a DCD™ amplifier or its companion subwoofer(s) with incompatible, non-DCD™ products. Doing so will void the warranty and may cause severe damage.
General Technical Specifications
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): Built-in amplifier 400 W @ 0.25 Ω
- System Nominal Impedance: 0.25 Ω
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: 70 mV - 1.40 V RMS
- Input Voltage Range @ High-Level Inputs: 280 mV - 5.4 V RMS
- Recommended Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge: 8 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating: 30 A (ATO or ATC)
- Enclosure Type: Slot-ported, Low-profile
- Finish: Black carpet
- Grille Included: Black Steel Mesh
- Filter Mode(s): Low-Pass only
- Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: 50 Hz - 200 Hz
- Output Polarity Switch: Yes
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control: Optional (RBC-1)
- External Width (W): 23.75 in / 603 mm
- External Height (H): 15.75 in / 400 mm
- External Depth (D): 6.625 in / 168 mm
- Net Weight: 25.0 lb / 11.34 kg