The Luxman PD-151 MKII turntable has arrived as a new benchmark for belt-drive integrated analog players. We deliver genuine analog vinyl playback excellence, inviting the listener into a world different from digital audio.
New Tonearm with Knife Edge Bearing
The PD-151 MARK II has been newly equipped with Luxman’s original static balance type tone arm, the LTA-309, featuring knife edge bearing technology developed by the Japanese brand SAEC, with over 40 years of experience.
The arm base is machined aluminium, which minimises the contact area, mounted to suppress unwanted vibration while ensuring rigidity. In addition to basic adjustment mechanisms, such as stylus pressure and anti-skating, LTA-309 also supports fine settings to optimise playback quality, such as arm height adjustment, according to the mounted cartridge.
This S-shaped tonearm employs an H4 bayonet mount headshell, allowing easy install of phono cartridges, such as the LUXMAN LMC-5.
Available as a package deal with the Luxman LMC-5 Cartridge.
New High Precision/ High Torque Proprietary DC Motor
The purity of musical pitch depends entirely on the stability of platter rotation. That’s why LUXMAN engineers went to extraordinary lengths. They start with their unique sine wave/Pulse Width Modulation power supply, which provides ultra-stable direct current to the proprietary DC brushless motor.
Years in development, this low-speed high-torque motor incorporates low-acoustic noise bearings and internal construction. The drive system monitors and maintains speed with Luxman's Proportional-Integral-Differential (PID) feedback control loop.
Proportional means quick achievement of target speed. Integral means fast correction of minor errors. And differential means control over rapid fluctuations. For added precision, the motor drives the outside flange of the platter through an uncommonly wide belt for stabile 33 , 45 and 78RPM playback speeds with +/-6% manual pitch control adjustment available.
High-Mass Platter and Highly Rigid Stainless-Steel Spindle
LUXMAN engineers were determined to optimise the final guarantor of stable speed; the platter assembly itself. PD-151 MARK II has a 4.0kg platter precision machined from a thick aluminium billet then diamond-cut finished to exact surfaces.
The platter acts as a flywheel, with a large moment of inertia (0.219t·cm2 ) to insure smooth and stable rotation. The spindle supporting the platter is a highly rigid, 16mm diameter, hard stainless-steel shaft with bearings at the lower end.
It comfortably supports the platter weight with a bearing structure that combines a thrust bearing lubricated with PEEK material, with excellent heat and wear resistance, and a brass radial bearing filled with organic molybdenum oil that maintains excellent lubricity under high load. A turntable mat of special vibration-absorbing rubber material is included to support vinyl records during playback.
- Drive System: Belt drive system
- Motor: Brushless DC motor with PID control
- Material: Machined aluminum, Surface finish: Diamond cut
- Revolution: 33 1/3rpm, 45rpm, 78rpm (3 speeds selectable)
- Revolution Adjustment Range: ±6% (each rotation speed adjustable independently)
- Wow and Flutter: 0.04% or less (W.R.M.S.)
- Weight: 4.0kg (Platter)
- Tone Arm Type: Static balanced, S shaped, universal type
- Bearing: Concealed knife edge
- Effective Length: 222.5mm
- Overhang: 18mm
- Tracking Error Angle: ±3° or less
- Applicable Cartridge Weight: 4 to 10g (including headshell 17 to 23g)
- Adjustable height range: 15mm
- Anti-Skating: 0 to 4g
- Power Source: 230V～50Hz / 115V～60Hz
- Power Consumption: 6W
- Dimensions: 465(W) × 133(to the upper surface of the platter) (H)× 393(D) mm
- Net Weight: 15.8kg (main unit), 17.2kg (with dust cover)
- Accessories: Platter, Headshell, Rubber mat Rubber belt, Platter mount handle (2 pieces) EP adaptor, Counterweight Arm adjustment hex wrench set (2 types) Flathead screwdriver for rotation speed adjustment phono cable (DIN→RCA : already installed in the unit), Power cable