The Elate Carbon shares most of its high-end componentry with its Pro siblings, yet takes a slightly more sensible approach. The Morel Elate Carbon 62 - 2-way systems are designed for those who want the ultimate performance but are looking for a discreet tweeter. The compact design of the MT450 tweeter allows users the option to place the speaker in most factory locations, or into space-limited areas using the supplied mounts.
It may be small in size, but the MT450’s Acuflex coated silk dome, open cavity design and dual neodymium magnet motor give it amazing detail and a silky-smooth, flat frequency response.
The Elate Carbon would not be complete without exercising their power. When using the 6.5”, system, each of the woofers feature Klipple optimised EVC motors with large 3-inch diameter voice coils and carbon fiber/Rohacell sandwich cones for ultra-low distortion and high power handling levels.
The vast feature set and design of the new Elate Carbon allow them to blow away your every expectation.
Morel’s double drive system generates more magnetic energy than a single magnet of similar size, increasing efficiency and the dynamic range. The position of the secondary magnet fixed above the top plate in the motor is the key in controlling stray magnetic flux, thus generating a more focussed magnetic field while also contributing to the “shielded” characteristic of our speakers.
Handcrafted Acuflex Soft Dome
A specially engineered damping compound hand-applied to the soft domes, adding rigidity and damping, which greatly improves the clarity and bandwidth of the tweeter/mid-range. The Acuflex™ diaphragm exhibits controlled cancelling break up (accurate–flexing), meaning each break-up mode is counteracted by another in the opposite direction, enabling smooth frequency response.
Hexatech Aluminium Voice Coil
Made from 100% aluminum wire shaped like a honeycomb, the Hexatech™ voice coil reduces air gaps in the coil windings, thereby increasing efficiency by up to 20%. Being lightweight, Hexatech™ voice coils are largely responsible for the extraordinary fast transient response Morel drive units are known for.
Carbon Fibre Cone
Derived from the drivers of our award-winning fat lady speaker system, this cone design is comprised of two exterior carbon fiber skins sandwiching a layer of Rohacell, a high strength, featherweight foam. The combination forms a cone that is light, strong and properly damped for naturally uncolored audio reproduction.
Morel speakers with EVC™ technology utilise voice coils that are up to three times larger than those used in conventional loudspeakers, enabling improved heat dissipation, power handling and linearity. The EVC™ design moves the magnetic motor system to within the voice coil, eliminating stray magnetic flux by effectively directing all the magnetic energy to the voice coil.
The EVC architecture is over 90% more efficient than conventional design, magnetically shielded, and highly compact.
- Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 6
- Power Handling Wrms: 130
- Max Transient Power Handling Wrms: 350
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1M) dB: 91
- Frequency Response: 1400 - 25000
- Resonant Frequency Fs Hz: 1000
- Voice Coil Diameter mm (inch): 28 (1.125)
- Voice Coil Former: Aluminium
- Voice Coil Wire: Hexatech Aluminium
- DC Resistance (ohm): 5.2
- Magnet System: Neodymium Rear Vented
- Dome Type: Acuflex Handcoated Soft Dome
- Dome Material: Silk
- Unit Diameter mm (inch): 43.00 (1.69)
- Net Weight Kg (lb): 0.07 (0.15)
- Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 4
- Power Handling Wrms: 180
- Max Transient Power Handling Wrms: 1000
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1M) dB: 87
- Frequency Response: 30 - 4000
- Resonant Frequency Fs Hz: 45
- Voice Coil Diameter mm (inch): 75 (3)
- Voice Coil Height mm (inch): 14.50 (0.57)
- Voice Coil Type/Former: Titanium
- Voice Coil Wire: Hexatech Aluminium
- DC Resistance (ohm): 3.6
- Magnet System: Neodymium
- Cone Type: Triple Layer Cone (TLC)
- Cone Material: Carbon Fibre Composite
- Unit Diameter mm (inch): 165 (6.5)
- Net Weight Kg (lb): 1.18 (2.60)
- Crossover Point: W: 2500Hz / 12dB - T: 2500Hz / 12dB
- Crossover Controls: Tweeter +/- 2dB
- Wiring Options: Bi Wire / Bi Amp